We're seeking a professional to support financial management, accounting, budget, and/or audit readiness efforts for Intelligence Community (IC) Agencies.
This role is also responsible for supporting business development, practice development, and client project delivery activities. They'll support the day-to-day client delivery and relationships with peer-level clients on Public Sector engagements, while supporting client needs and potentially supervising staff.
- Delivers a full range of services that will use your educational background, experience, and organizational skills while serving BDO's dynamic public sector client base
- Assists with firm practice, solution, and business development initiatives
- Supports task areas while coordinating closely with engagement team management and client leadership on strategy, planning, execution, status, and review processes
- Supports clients with key financial and budgetary, information technology, and operational transformation initiatives.
- Adapts to a changing client environment while meeting client expectations
- Manages priorities and work effectively to initiate correspondence and task completion. Support multiple efforts through flexible multi-task coordination
- Provides summary recommendations to team leadership regarding assigned work stream
- Applies fundamental industry knowledge and standards to support client reviews, improvements, and/or implementations
- Communicates and maintains relationships with key client personnel to ensure shared understanding of processes, operations, and functions
- Prepares presentations, briefings, and actively participates in client meetings and day-to-day interactions
- Communicates with team management through effective status reporting and demonstrates ownership and accountability for assigned task areas and work products
- Establishes professional rapport with clients and other organizations
- Supports and reviews work products for technical accuracy, deliverable quality, and overall value to the client
- Attends relevant training, seminars, and/or conferences to stay current with technical skills that align with client's needs and changes in the industry
- Supports recruiting efforts by identifying potential candidates and participating in interviews
- Supports business development meetings and/or proposal development process with guidance from Public Practice leadership
- Other duties as required
- Potential supervision of Public Sector staff
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree, required; focus in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Information Technology, preferred
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Information Technology, preferred
- Three (3) or more years of relevant professional experience, required
- Experience with Audit Sustainment, Fixed Asset Management, or Financial Statement Preparation experience; as well as Accounting and/or Financial Management experience within the IC (Intelligence Community), preferred
- Federal financial management and accounting experience, preferred
- Experience with financial statement audit, internal control testing or analysis, and/or coordinating with external auditors, preferred
- Familiarity with some or all of the following: Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR) Guidance, the United States Standard General Ledger (USSGL), FASAB, CFO Act, FMFIA, FFMIA, ICOFR, GAGAS (Yellow Book), GAO Green Book, OMB Circulars, COSO Framework, preferred
- Experience supporting Public Sector practice, solution, and/or business development initiatives, preferred
- Public speaking and/or training experience, preferred
- Relevant industry certification, such as CPA, PMP, CGFM, CDFM, CISA, or related, preferred
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suites (especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Active TS/SCI with Poly security clearance, required (US Citizenship required)
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels within the client organization and in the firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaborate within a team environment and with a customer service focus
- Ability to follow instructions as directed
- Superior organizational skills required with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Detail oriented with in-depth knowledge and application of English grammar and ability to proofread all written materials including proposals, pitches, presentations, etc.
As BDO is a federal contractor, we must comply with Executive Order 14042 (COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors) and related implementing Federal Acquisition Regulations and Guidance issued by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force ("SFWTF") if it is reinstated by the courts and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force. Should you receive and accept an offer of employment, you will be asked whether you are fully vaccinated or whether you will apply for a legally protected exemption in the event BDO must enforce a mandatory vaccination policy in the future. Please be aware that if the federal contractor mandate is reinstated and you choose to remain unvaccinated without an approved exemption, BDO will be legally obligated to terminate your employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.