Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you'll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it - we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies.We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
- Leads, enhances, and manages the compilation of reporting and communications for risk and governance programs. Delivers the reports to leadership and Committee/Board reporting.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of risk appetite, key performance and risk indicators, and standard reports to assist with managing risk. Partners with the business to develop action plans to remediate issues.
- Manages a team, including recruiting, coaching, counseling, performance, and compensation decisions.
- Manages risk governance programs and projects, and leads risk reporting strategies.
- Ensures adherence to Corporate Risk reporting requirements. Provides information to enable first lines of defense to proactively monitor and assess current and emerging risks, performance, and develops an escalation guidelines.
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Legal, Technology/Data Analytics, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Data Analytics, Business, Finance, Modeling, Statistics, Reporting, or related field, including people management
- In lieu of a degree, 12+ years of experience in Data Analytics, Business, Finance, Modeling, Statistics, Reporting, or related field, including people management
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Business Administration, Risk Management, Finance, Statistics, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in Data Analytics, Business, Finance, Modeling, Statistics, Reporting, or related field, including people management
- Professional certification (CRCM, CIA, CPA, etc.)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work.To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.