Tired of working in a high volume fast-paced healthcare environment? Come work in a highly supportive family like rural setting as a Licensed Clinical Specialist for our Boys Residential Academy located in Candor, NC.
- Monday through Friday day shift, with Holidays and Weekends Off
- No Medicaid billing
- Low-Cost Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 19 days of Paid Time Off the first year
- 11 paid holidays
- Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5%
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid short-term and voluntary long-term disability
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary term life insurance
- Meals provided when on duty
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver high quality treatment services to up to 40 male clients that have a history of substance use, trauma, and current mental health diagnoses. Clients may be receiving mental health or psychiatric services in their home community in which case candidate may serve as a liaison for care.
- Provide support and training to clients and staff related to behavioral strategies and interventions through the use of evidenced-based models.
- Incorporate internal and external collateral information (i.e. Psychosocial Evaluations, Psychological Testing, Medical Evaluations, etc.) into treatment planning.
- Work in collaboration with the case management, education, and residential teams in a multi-disciplinary approach to support client success.
- Participate in program and activity planning related to therapeutic activities and treatment.
- Conduct Comprehensive Clinical Assessments, trauma-screenings, and threat assessments such as assessment of suicide risk. Screen clients at admission and consult with case management team on appropriateness of placement.
- Facilitate clinical groups to up to 10 clients at a time incorporating topics such as substance use/prevention, grief and loss, and emotional management.
- Completes and implements all clinical documentation as required within the timeframes.
- Maintains regular contact with families, legal guardians, representatives of referral agencies, and courts (as required) incorporating key players into treatment planning process.
- If needed, screen and coordinate crisis care for those clients in need of an involuntary commitment/crisis stabilization.
- May require on-call clinical duty/consultation
- Licensure in North Carolina as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, or Clinical Psychologist, Associate acceptable with supervision. Coursework or practicum experience in group work, family therapy, and/or substance abuse treatment is preferred.
- Two years progressive clinical experience in a multi-disciplinary treatment setting preferred. Prior experience with juvenile treatment population preferred. Well versed in cognitive behavioral therapy.
- May be required to work irregular hours.
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified.
Make more than a Living, Make a Difference
Boys Residential Academy at Candor
500 E-Ku-Sumee Road | Candor, NC 27229
About Our Program
Eckerd Connects' Short-Term Juvenile Justice Residential program is a complete rehabilitative experience delivered in 4 to 6 months to 36 adjudicated male youth, ages 13 to 17, referred by the North Carolina Department of Public Safety Division of Juvenile Justice. This residential treatment concept combines promising and evidence-based practices with a strong family transition component and signifies a public-private partnership with the Division of Juvenile Justice which has produced an innovative shift in the way youth are served in North Carolina's juvenile justice system. Intensive, short-term services include individualized treatment and academic plans that combine formal and experiential education, community service, behavioral health, and family counseling in a non-punitive environment designed to address the youth's behavioral challenges through a strength-based approach. Youth also receive accredited education on-site and work together in small group settings with assigned counselors.
Please follow the links for more information about this program: https://eckerd.org/juvenile-justice-services/residential-services/short-term-residential-services/
Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Inc. ("Eckerd Connects") considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Eckerd Connects is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.