Want to make a difference in a young person's life? This is a position that is very rewarding in training and mentoring at risk youth.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth between the ages of 16-24 improve the quality of their lives through academic and career technical training. Job Corps' mission is to attract eligible young people, teach them the skills they need to become employable and independent, and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Great Dedicated Team to Work With
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with at least one-year experience in long-term care facility.
- Must have Teaching the Educator Certification or be eligible for the Teaching the Educator Certification. To be eligible, candidate must have one year experience in long-term care facility
- Must have valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
- Previous teaching experience is a plus.
- Promotes a positive, desirable and disciplined atmosphere within the classroom setting to insure maximum student motivation.
- Meets SMART Goals established by management every Program Year.
- Instructs in the following: overview of career opportunities within health care; communication and observation skills; medical law; ethics and confidentiality; psychological aspects of patient care; basic medical terminology; basic anatomy and physiology; safety and emergency first aid; basic infection control concepts; core procedures for healthcare workers, phlebotomy, EKG theory and practice, clinical procedures and prescriptions.
- Responsible for adequate classroom preparation.
Odle Management considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Odle Management is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.