Odle Management - A subsidiary of Eckerd Connects
$1,500 sign on bonus! *applicable terms.
Want to make a difference in a young person's life? This is a position that is very rewarding in training and mentoring at risk youth.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth between the ages of 16-24 improve the quality of their lives through academic and career technical training. Job Corps' mission is to attract eligible young people, teach them the skills they need to become employable and independent, and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.
Provides safe, supportive and predictable environment in dormitory supervision of Job Corps students in their daily activities, monitoring their progress in attaining performance contract goals and objectives and utilizing behavior management and consistent Core Value driven practices. Must be able to work evening or overnight shift, including weekend/holiday hours (not live in).
Reports to the Residential Living Manager. Provides safe, supportive and predictable environment in dormitory supervision of Job Corps trainees in their daily activities, monitoring their progress in attaining performance contract goals and objectives and utilizing behavior management and intentional and consistent Core-Value-driven practices. Conducts dormitory operations in accordance with center operating policy and procedures and in accordance with Eckerd/ODLE operation procedures. Demonstrates on-going commitment to preparing young people for the workforce by modeling, mentoring and monitoring excellence in the eight Career Success Standards of: workplace relations and ethics; information management; communications; multicultural awareness; personal growth and development; career and personal planning; interpersonal skills and independent living.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Demonstrates and abides by ODLE Core Values and operating principles.
2. Assists students in adjusting to Center life by providing supervision, behavior modification and acting as a mentor
3. Ensures students meet required schedule, waking on time and arriving on time for school or work assignment.
4. Ensures students are adequately prepared for the training day, e.g. dressed appropriately.
5. Provides daily supervision or assistance in monitoring students in personal hygiene, room/chore assignments, and other activities.
6. Provides informal counseling related to stress management, personal problem, etc., and provides insight into responsible behavior and attitudes.
7. Documents student records according to PRH, inputting all relevant student data.
8. Prepares applicable reports to ensure accurate documentation of student progress.
9. Maintains dormitory bulletin boards with updated student and center information.
10. Serves as channel of communication between management, staff and students.
11. Facilitates groups in life skills including budgeting, renter's rights, completing a lease, completing chores, etc.
12. Facilitates small group discussions on life skills, peer mediation, conflict resolution, etc.
13. Teaches SST curriculum as defined by the PRH and the center.
14. Participates in ESPs for students in assigned dormitory.
15. Assesses the need for confidentiality balanced with the need to report situations on behalf of students to ensure the safety and well-being of students and staff.
16. Contacts family members for consent for pass system as warranted.
17. Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to students in the event of injury, illness, emotional trauma, etc.
18. Provides CPR/First Aid as warranted.
19. Meets individually a minimum of once a month with students on assigned dorm, documenting the meeting.
20. Performs and documents regular perimeter checks of dorm and outside perimeter to ensure safety and security.
21. Facilitates weekly dorm meetings which include accountability checks.
22. Ensures all equipment and facilities are clean and maintained in accordance with center, Eckerd/ODLE and DOL standards.
23. Creates a warm, welcoming atmosphere for students.
24. Ensures student rooms and bulletin boards are maintained per established standards.
25. Ensures assigned dormitory and its outdoor area are maintained in good repair, cleanliness and order.
26. Ensures use of federal equipment is within DOL, Eckerd/ODLE and center guidelines.
27. Attends all required training sessions.
28. Maintains a work environment of zero accident and injuries including no loss-time accidents.
29. Ensures a work environment that provides an equal opportunity for all.
30. Clearly communicates and consistently models appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
31. Maintains accountability of staff, students, and property, adheres to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
32. Performs other duties as assigned.
The employer of record for this position is Eckerd Youth Alternatives, Inc. DBA Eckerd Connects which assigns employees to Odle Management Group, LLC.
Odle Management considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Odle Management is a drug-free workplace and utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.