Current Employees and Contractors Apply HereAdvisor Group Careers
Be a part of the team behind our success! At Advisor Group, we support financial professionals nationwide, the people who help everyday Americans achieve their dreams. We're a billion-dollar business with the mentality and drive of a startup. Join us in building something special.
Highland Capital Brokerage Operations Opportunity
Case Manager, Highland Capital Brokerage
Location(s): Birmingham, AL
Role Type: Full time
Responsible for the case management of life, LTC and DI applications submitted to the Life New Business Team. The team member will be responsible for facilitating timely, accurate and relevant communications. They will serve as a liaison between Agents/FA's, institutional partners, vendors, Highland Capital VP (VP's), and Life Insurance carriers on both formal and informal business. This position requires the analytical ability to successfully combine medical, financial, reinsurance and general life insurance expertise. The mechanics of managing the business include reviewing applications for accuracy and completeness, ordering and managing requirements through policy issue, and managing requirements for placement.
- Review Life Applications for completeness and notify Agents/FA's and VP's of missing forms or information needed
- Review exam and non-medical requirements included with the application in order to determine if risk class applied for is appropriate
- Order medical records using discretion based on available information as well as communicating with carrier underwriters to determine necessity.
- Responsible for ongoing APS follow-up with approved vendors or doctor's office directly and managing expectations for all parties
- Order telephone interviews and inspection reports as needed
- Reconcile outstanding pending requirements and requests for additional information with Agents, Sales VP and others to set proper expectations, timelines, etc.
- Order illustrations as needed. Work with our Sales Support team as needed to ensure accuracy of the illustration in conjunction with the signed Application received. Verify riders applied for and if 1035X involved which may necessitate the need for additional requirements
- Prepare transmittal or cover letter to send both formal and informal applications to carrier(s)
- Use Paperclip for submitting and storing electronic files
- Respond to requests for applications as needed
- All other duties as assigned.
Monitoring and Communication:
- Maintain correspondence with carriers and vendors by telephone, fax, memo
- or email
- Notify Agents/FA's and VP's, of status throughout the process and bring in New Business Management for escalations
- Form Relationships with carrier underwriters and be the "face" of HCB on behalf of the FA/Agent's and VP's.
- Advocate and negotiate with life insurance carriers on Informal and Formal offers.
- Ability to negotiate carrier offers where appropriate to ensure that optimal underwriting class is being received.
- Ability to explain and "sell" the competitive offer when approved other than applied for
- Facilitating cases by deciphering the science and make the risk objective more understandable.
- Work with internal underwriting resources as needed so as to properly position cases.
- Shop cases with various carriers to offer alternative solutions if approved other than applied for
- Evaluate underwriting evidence and provide guidance on cases approved other than applied for.
- Utilize data management systems per Highland Capital protocol to document and ensure accurate reporting
- Associate college degree is required.
- 3 + years brokerage New Business or Life Insurance industry experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and ability to work effectively within multiple web browsers and learn new technology as needed
- Utilize web-based agency management system to track case activity, or preferably hands on experience with iPipeline suite of products including Agency Integrator
- Utilize web-based document management system to organize, manage and securely transmit applications and all case related documents to our carrier partners using Paper Clip
- Utilize data management systems per Highland Capital protocols to ensure accurate reporting
Current Employees and Contractors Apply Here
- Prior knowledge of medical and/or financial underwriting terminology is a plus
- Industry designations (e.g., FLMI, ALU, CLU, ChFC, CFP, etc.) are a plus