To protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors, customers and communities, employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an approved exemption has been granted for a medical reason, sincerely held religious belief, or an employee is otherwise exempt under applicable law.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at
Are you an R&D leader? We are looking for you to join Agilent as the AVP, R&D Gas Phase Separations Division!
The division develops and markets an innovative portfolio of Gas Chromatography products across the globe. Used extensively across Agilent's key focus markets - Chemical & Energy, Pharma/Biopharma, Food, Environmental & Forensics, Academic & Research and Diagnostics - GPSD is uniquely positioned to better serve customers by helping them overcome analytical challenges and improve both the science and economics in their labs!
The Associate Vice President (AVP) of GPSD Research and Development (R&D) at Agilent Technologies leads a premier team of R&D scientists and engineers in the development of innovative, high-quality, and highly differentiated new products that provide an outstanding customer experience.
You will be an enthusiastic, driven, and ground-breaking strategic leader with a consistent record of achieving excellent results in both new product development and team development. You will also demonstrate efficiencies and success in facilitating cross-function and cross-organization teamwork and leading strategic changes, all with an eye for continuous improvement.
The primary responsibilities:
- Develop Division and R&D business strategies in conjunction with GPSD leadership team to create sustainable differentiation in customer experience and value against competition.
- Lead the development, communication, and execution of the R&D new product roadmap to continuously strengthen product portfolio leadership in the market.
- Own the planning and review process to ensure strong alignment among marketing, R&D, order fulfillment, supply chain, QA, and field, as well as partner divisions/functions, in the development and timely introduction of innovative new products and solutions.
- In collaboration with the marketing and field team, lead R&D efforts and processes in acquiring an in-depth understanding of VOC (Voice of Customer) by applying both strategic and tactical methods to stay on top of evolving trends in the target market, ongoing and emerging customer needs, and competitive landscape. Applying the insights from VOC to NPI.
- Lead the execution of NPI lifecycle process for new product project, from proposal to prototype and final successful mass production; ensure DFx (Design for X) reviews are formally and sufficiently carried out and appropriate product design documentation procedures are completed by the teams and controlled according to Agilent product lifecycle processes and quality/compliance requirements.
- Lead and advise the resource planning to ensure the R&D talents and resources are appropriately deployed to projects and initiatives in line with business strategies and priorities.
- Acting as both a strategic problem solver and architect for the future technology and capability needs of GPSD R&D to implement business strategy, build a diversified and multifaceted R&D team by attracting and recruiting top talents; lead and implement the R&D team development plan in technologies, skills, and capabilities across a variety of science and engineering fields; drive continuous organization and leadership development to enable GPSD R&D growth both at individual and team level in support of ever-evolving business needs.
- Lead and drive cross-function and cross-division teamwork in smart instrument and end-2-end workflow automation and data analytics solution development; apply effective cross-function and organization collaboration skills with One Agilent approach in leading GPSD and LSAG level pivotal initiatives to meet critical business and customer needs.
- Bachelor's, Master's Degree or equivalent in engineering, or chemistry or related science in engineering plus demonstrated proven experience; a Ph.D. in a science or engineering field is a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant R&D experience with 7+ years of increasing managerial and leadership responsibility in and/or related to analytical instruments or products including multiple fields of engineering.
- Experienced in leading globally dispersed employees, including managers and senior individuals, business partners, and customers.
- Experienced in proposing, initiating, developing, and launching products and solutions across worldwide markets with a track record of success and efficiency.
- Solid understanding and experience in R&D operation management, organization, and team development.
- Strong leadership, critical decision-making skills, and solid financial/P&L knowledge in driving strategy development and its execution to deliver the desired results.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please email email@example.com or contact +1-262-754-5030.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please see all of our notices for EEO below.