Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,800 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, is currently ranked #60 on Engineering News-Record's list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking a Project Manager, to work in our Newark, DE office. The Newark office is in a convenient location and easy to access from not just within Delaware but also from the neighboring states of Pennsylvania, Maryland, and New Jersey. We are seeking a hardworking and dedicated individual who is looking for a leadership opportunity. The Project Manager is responsible for delivering all types of traffic design projects including scope, plan development, schedule, quality, and budget.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage or lead the development of final design plans for traffic signals, signing, lighting, pavement markings, ITS, maintenance of traffic, and pavement and rehabilitation projects
- Plan, schedule, assign staff, conduct, or coordinate detailed phases of engineering work as part of a major project or as lead person on a project of with moderate to complex scope
- Ensure project completion by the defined deadline and maintain project specific quality
- Provide oversight and mentoring of design engineers supporting project tasks
- Develop project scope, project pricing, and budgets
- Develop or assist with the development of Project Management Plans for assigned projects
- Create and maintain project schedules and monitor budgets
- Support Section Heads in developing extra work order requests and open-end contract task proposals
- Attend meetings with clients which may include client presentations
- Coordinate and assist Section Heads, and Office Managers with marketing proposals
- Familiar with traffic engineering and ITS design
Nonessential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related course work to Traffic Engineering from ABET accredited engineering program
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) License in DE or ability to get license within 6 months of hire
- Project/Task management experience
Work is performed within a general office environment 95% of the time. Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Business Acumen
- Client Focus
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
- Quality Service
If Managing Others
- Managing Performance
JMT is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce.