To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.Job CategoryCustomer Success GroupJob Details
The Solution Architect leads one or more workstreams in complex enterprise customer engagements, partnering with key stakeholders to drive and achieve the vision while executing on key deliverables. They serve as hands-on advisors, using strong interpersonal skills, solution and/or technical knowledge, Salesforce product knowledge, industry experience, consulting experience, and knowledge of their client's business to deliver customer ROI.
Solution Architects are strong presenters and facilitators that are able to co-create the vision and lead the execution with the customer as well as obtain customer acceptance of the delivered solution. They are capable of driving difficult conversations and removing roadblocks to execute the business strategies. They are proficient at analyzing issues and obstacles to determine root cause, and can identify appropriate corrective action. They communicate with technical and business stakeholders from all levels through C-suite. On a day to day basis, they interact with customer product owner, business process owner and technical resources to understand requirements, analyze information, and design comprehensive solutions. They also show a strong understanding of typical business challenges or common objectives faced by customers within the industry.
Solution Architects are stewards of the Professional Services Methodology and use their networks to ensure that best practices are followed. They engage with Customer Success and Product teams to ensure the solutions are driving the most effective achievement of the value objectives. Solution Architects contribute to thought leadership and best practices by engaging with the cloud-specific practices teams. They will contribute both internally in their Community and externally in the marketplace.
YOUR IMPACT: Responsibilities
Salesforce Professional Services is looking for a Solution Architect. As a Solution Architect, you will be serving as a strategic advisor and Salesforce product and platform expert to the company's largest, most complex enterprise customers. Here are some salient responsibilities the role entails -
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the client
- Identify and lead internal strategic initiatives to grow the consulting practice; serve as an active contributor to the community's overall knowledge base and expertise
- Guide customers and colleagues in rationalizing and deploying emerging technologies that drive increased business value
- Work collaboratively and having very strong communications skills, especially in teaching complex concepts, and creative, prescriptive thinking across various levels of a client organization
- Identify and proactively manage risk areas and commit to seeing an issue through to complete resolution
- Manage customer expectations; negotiate solutions to complex problems with both the customer and third-party partners
- Review and correct project/program direction, approach, and key artifacts to keep programs on track and solutions extendable and maintainable going forward
- Drive a program vision while advising and articulating program/project strategies to enable technologies including the Salesforce platform
- 5+ years of relevant experience in enterprise-level projects using both waterfall and agile software development methodologies throughout the whole life cycle with repeated and demonstrable success
- Extensive experience with configuration and customization on the Salesforce platform
- Expert level experience defining the system architecture landscape, identifying gaps between current and desired end-states, and delivering a comprehensive solution that will enable achievement of the desired business outcomes
- Experience leading discovery sessions, defining business requirements, writing user stories and providing detailed system and functional designs
- Experience in documenting business processes and wire-framing system designs using process flow diagram tools, UML, sequence diagrams, etc. as well as making recommendations for future state improved processes and system designs
- Strong presentation skills; able to effectively present a point of view and clearly articulate the rationale to a variety of stakeholders
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; able to effectively develop materials that are appropriate for the audience
- Must be a team player as demonstrated through a customer qualification of a large scale/enterprise implementation with multiple work streams
- A great listener with the ability to communicate with people in diverse roles
- Resourceful and innovative thinker who can work through and solve problems
- Possible travel of about 25%, but exact travel requirements will vary based on customer.
- Bachelor's degree (or its foreign degree equivalent) in a Technology, Engineering (any field) or a related quantitative discipline. Equivalent demonstrable work experience in lieu of a degree will be considered
- Proven results in delivering high value business outcomes utilizing an agile approach
- Proven results leading customer and/or partner success stories
- Relevant Salesforce certifications and consulting experience are strongly recommended
- Experience working with Salesforce GovCloud or GovCloud Plus is desired
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Security Clearance (or higher) is a plus
- Any type of previous or current successful adjudications on HSPD-12 or other types of federal security clearances is a plus
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $86,800. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link:Accommodations
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this .Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
and are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. and do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with or .
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.