Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position is responsible for answering and directing phone calls from internal and external callers. Calls may be routine or emergency calls for assistance.
EVENING hours (1-9:30 and 2:30-11P)
1. Answers and completes incoming calls. Directs calls to individuals or departments in accordance with established procedures. For emergency situations, initiates procedures, notifies the appropriate response teams(s) and follows-up to ensure appropriate response occurred.
2. Maintains and updates information database and a variety of statistical reports reflecting the number of calls received, call distribution, and client data.
3. May function as lead operator in the absence of the supervisor.
4. Provides general information and assistance to callers regarding hospital hours, procedures, or departments.
5. Records changes in information in order to maintain familiarity with schedules, phone numbers, and other pertinent information.
6. Services and maintains equipment in proper working order.
* High School diploma or GED
* No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* Two (2) years of clerical experience involving considerable telephone communication, public contact and record keeping or six (6) months as a communication center operator or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Medical Telecommunicators
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Evening Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No