Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction services throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around our employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century's culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century is seeking motivated candidates for Water Resources design projects performed for a variety of public agencies and private clients. Work will be performed under the guidance of an experienced project manager and will include collaboration with other designers and engineers. Candidates will assist in maintaining existing and building new client relationships. The successful candidate is expected to perform engineering tasks in the civil engineering field through application of relevant design criteria and standards, code requirements, and approval processes.
- Perform calculations for drainage design, including spread, pipe and swale capacity, hydraulic grade line, and shear stress
- Perform design/computations for stormwater management design, including NRCS Method, Rational Method, DURMM, pond modeling, and non-structural BMP modeling
- Prepare reports and analyses for drainage and stormwater designs
- Design and analyze erosion and sediment control practices
- Prepare plans and details illustrating designs for drainage, stormwater, and erosion and sediment control
- Review and comment on water resource related elements of project plans
- Perform investigation, analysis, and reporting on water resource and drainage related studies
- Perform quantity take-offs and cost estimates
- Interpret and apply local, state, and federal code requirements to designs
- Collaborate with team members to develop and adhere to submission schedules
- Conduct site walk-throughs to determine compliance with approved designs
- Attend office and field meetings and perform field inspections and investigations
- Support other design activities as necessary
- Minimum 4 years of stormwater, drainage, and hydraulic design experience. Experience with projects in Delaware or Maryland is highly preferred
- 4-year degree from ABET accredited higher education institution in an engineering related field
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite and CAD software (MicroStation or AutoCAD). Experience with Open Roads or Civil 3D, and HydroCAD are desired
- Ability to plan and organize work, analyze and solve problems, and prepare and support comprehensive designs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently
- Attention to detail, responsiveness, and the ability to maintain focused concentration
- Additional Considerations (Not required but will be considered in determining compensation): EIT or PE certification
- Valid driver's license with demonstrated safe driving practices
Century Engineering a Division of Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.