Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder Construction Service is seeking a highly talented Program Manager to generally provide:
- Program and project management support of on-going projects.
- Administrative support including, but not limited to: project management, planning, deliverables tracking and task management.
- Create opportunities with existing and new clients to develop new business and cross sell Kleinfelder services.
This position will support a multitude of Program types across several markets serviced in Northern California. The selected candidate can be based out of the Greater San Francisco Bay Area, or the Greater Sacramento Region. Experience should include serving as the Owner's on-site representative on PM/CM projects as well as Business Development within the Northern California PM/CM markets.
Background should include serving as a Project Executive or in a similar capacity. The ideal candidate will have:
- In dept experience in planning, design and construction, and operation management.
- Effective relationship development and management at all levels.
- Ability to train, coordinate and supervise subordinate employees.
- Ability to represent Kleinfelder Construction Services various municipalities and the public regarding execution and close out of projects.
- Experience having full responsibility of budget and planning.
- Lead and direct multiple members of the Kleinfelder Construction Services team including subordinate inspectors and engineers as well as subcontractors in the execution of projects.
- Operate with a high degree of independence, self-direction and initiative.
- Identify and track potential projects, identify / develop teaming partners for project pursuits, prepare qualification packages and proposals, develop / maintain client relations, manage staff and ensure project delivery.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously on a large program.
- Managing CM at Risk projects, traditional design-bid-build and design-build projects through all phases of project delivery from feasibility to construction.
- Assist in providing program administrative duties including staffing and training.
- Manage complex program and projects to deliver services and results that meet or exceed client requirements and are aligned with Kleinfelder's objectives.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine and establish time frame, work plan, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and available resources to various phases of projects.
- Competencies include establishing levels of control and detail, planning and scheduling, cost analysis and forecasting, progress measurement, earned value performance, risk analysis and change control.
- Provide advice, guidance, mentoring and direction to subordinates and other junior personnel toward the achievement of their personal development goals.
- Responsible for overall planning, coordination and execution from inception to completion to produce a functionally and financially viable projects that will be completed on time, within authorized cost, and to the required quality.
- Manages scope, schedule, budget, quality, safety, and change management.
- Accommodate additional responsibilities as assumed through personal initiative or assigned by higher authority.
- Assist the owner in monitoring and assessing contract impact due to contract modifications and assist the owner in the contract modification process.
- Provide acquisition management planning and execution support
- Will act as primary point of contact for client
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Engineering, or other related field plus six (6) years of experience providing project & program management, including program oversight and administration for construction projects, or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- 5+ years of experience working in a program manager capacity.
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience working in Project and Program Management with at least 5 years as Program Manager and/or a Project Executive.
- Prior public work Construction Program Management experience.
- Accessibility compliance experience is highly preferred.
- Federal work experience is highly desired.
- Management and supervisory experience.
- CCM Certification, PMP, PE or AIA registration
- Experience of direct management of project managers/ project delivery/ project controls and reporting.
- Possess technical experience and skills related to managing a large program, accessibility standards
- Possess highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage in a diverse and dynamic environment with short-notice tasking under high pressure situations.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to travel 25-50% of time to support client job site(s).
- Valid US Driver's License.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays, pay increases for certifications.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.