Take Your Design Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Design team is looking for you! From bridge and structural engineering to civil, electrical, mechanical, and process engineering, Kleinfelder's collaborative Design Services create synergy across multiple disciplines.
Step into Your New Role:
Century Engineering - Newark, DE Office
Century Engineering, LLC, a Kleinfelder Company, is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design, and construction services. With a dedicated staff of over 600 technical and administrative personnel throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around our employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century's culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century is seeking an experienced and motivated Highway Senior Engineer who desires increasing responsibilities as part of highway/transportation design team in Century's Newark, DE office location. Candidates will assist in maintaining existing and building new client relationships. The candidate will be expected to work on multiple design projects and assist in the preparation of engineering documents for advertisement and construction. Projects will range from small transportation enhancement, trails or PAR sidewalk projects to large highway projects. Highway projects will range from intersection improvements to road widenings and large interchange projects primarily for DelDOT.
Flexible work arrangements may be discussed at the interview stage.
- Lead the designs of multiple highway and transportation projects
- Lead Highway Engineer role on larger transportation projects for DelDOT's Transportation Solutions Section
- Supervise design staff across offices on assigned projects and provide quality assurance for meeting design criteria and regulatory requirements
- Develop or assist in the development of project design fees and project budgets
- Responsible for coordination with clients, subconsultants and other government and regulatory agencies
- Occasionally travel to project/client sites to complete tasks or attend meetings
- BSCE from ABET accredited engineering program
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in highway and transportation design
- Registered Professional Engineer (DE License preferred)
- Experience with DelDOT and other Delaware agencies and Municipalities a plus
- Candidates must be capable of working on multiple projects in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Ability to manage others on projects and facilitate teamwork
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must
- A working knowledge of Federal, State and local jurisdiction permitting regulations is required
- Experience with project delivery of DelDOT projects preferred
- Applicant must have a general understanding of design and plan preparation using Microstation and be proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Valid driver's license with demonstrated safe driving practices
- Local residency or ability to relocate at your own expense
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.