Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K Plan
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Shift Premium
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Commuter/Van Services
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Safety Boot Reimbursement Program
- Hourly Rates from $18.91-$34.02
Electric Boat is the premier designer and builder of nuclear powered submarines for the US Navy and we are experiencing a period of unprecedented growth! We are looking for people who want to learn and grow within our Painters Department as we continue to build the most advanced submarines.
Interested in learning a new trade, but don't have any experience yet?
Apply today! As long as you are eager and willing to learn, we will provide training to teach you how to excel as an Painter. In collaboration with the State of Connecticut, Electric Boat offers pre-employment training (EWIB) to get you started on learning the fundamentals of the trade.
Support Services that EWIB provides:
- Attendance Stipends
- Transportation Assistance
- Mileage Reimbursement (IRS Rate)
- Car Based Solutions (car repairs, registration, auto insurance)
- Organizing Uber or Taxi rides
- Childcare assistance
- Clothing or boots
- Rent, Utilities, Technology, and other supports
Painters are responsible for:
- Painters preserve the hull and components by sealing the submarines with chemicals and paints that prevent corrosion and protect against the accumulation of marine life.
- Prepare the surface, mix and apply a variety of paints and finishes, such as baked on plastics, vinyl, and epoxy paints.
- Paint thickness must be measured and documented. This requirement makes it essential that the Painter maintain a high level of quality.
- Candidates must be able to sandblast, use pneumatic tools, roll brush and spray paint.
- Candidates must be able to perform strenuous task for long durations
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and elevated areas.
- Must be able to obtain respiratory qualifications and maintain them
- Willing to travel to support off-site work.
- Must be able to work all shifts.