Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, seeks a Wastewater Technician for an industrial wastewater treatment facility using aerobic treatment processes. In this role you will be responsible for the operations and maintenance of the facility by playing a vital role to ensure water being treated is safe for the environment.
What's in it For You:
- You will join a growth company offering competitive pay and benefits
- Access to best in class resources, tools and technology
- Opportunity for a long term, advanced career path
- A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
- Pride in working for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
What You Will Do:
- Operating the plant within contractual constraints, discharge permit and directions from plant manager.
- Perform preventative & corrective maintenance.
- Take daily meter readings and make appropriate set point changes to maintain optimal performance of process.
- Collect samples; conduct analytical testing, lab analysis, and reporting.
- Updating plant manager daily on plant operations.
- General cleaning and upkeep of the facility.
- Using data collected in making process change decisions per established guidelines.
- Will work in a safe manner following corporate safety guidelines.
- Respond to off hour alarms and being on-call as scheduled.
- Shift: 3rd shift, 6PM-6AM
- High school diploma or equivalent
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Prior experience with Chemistry and analytical/mechanical troubleshooting
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
- 5+ years working in an industrial or municipal wastewater treatment plant.
- Prior experience performing basic process and maintenance troubleshooting
- Strong mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical & instrumentation aptitude.
- Working knowledge ofwastewater treatment systems and related processes
- Experience working with Excel
- Class D Waste Water Certification
About Nalco Water:
In a world with increasing water shortage and contamination challenges, Nalco Water, an Ecolab company, helps customers conserve more than 161 billion gallons of water each year. We work with customers across the world in the light industry (institutional, food & beverage, transportation and manufacturing), heavy industry (chemical, power and primary metals industries), paper and mining operations to reduce, reuse, and recycle their water while protecting their systems and equipment. Nalco Water provides the unique opportunity to work with a broad suite of technologies to deliver automated monitoring systems, data analysis and deep technical expertise to increase efficiency, sustainability and performance for our customers.
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
US Federal Covid-19 Vaccine Mandate
Due to legal requirements applicable to federal contractors, applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated (i.e., 14 days past the final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine regimen) and provide proof of vaccination prior to their start date unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolabwill provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) withourapplication process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and requireaccommodationassistance in this applicationprocess,pleasecall Ecolab Recruiting Supportat(866) 841-6682forassistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.