Ecolab, the leading global developer of premium cleaning, sanitizing, and maintenance products and services for the hospital, institutional and industrial markets, has the following position open.
The Maintenance Technician specializes in maintaining and repairing production and facility equipment to drive safety, quality, reliability, productivity, and loss elimination. All Maintenance Technicians report to the Team Leader and collaborate with the Coordinator for task assignments and overall group scheduling.
Plant location: 940 Lone Oak Road, Eagan, MN
What's in it For You:
- Opportunity for a long-term career path that allows for exposure into all areas of the Ecolab's supply chain
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most ethical companies in the world
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Performs regularly scheduled preventive maintenance, trouble shooting, and periodic safety checks to ensure optimal operation and minimal down time
- Collaborates with production team members to ensure planned or preventative maintenance, repairs and installations result in minimal disruption to production activities
- Performs electrical/mechanical maintenance, troubleshooting and repair on production and building equipment
- May perform calibration of electronic instrumentation, including scales and meters, to meet compliance standards
- Makes repairs & modifications to equipment and facilities as scheduled through the work order system
- Responsible for completing all assigned tasks and working with the Coordinator and Team Leader to ensure proper documentation as required
- Participates in safety initiatives and activities, continuous improvement and loss elimination projects, and other Supply Chain and/or Research & Development initiatives
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in an industrial reliability/maintenance (or similar) environment
- Strong record of safe work practices, leading by example and holding teammates accountable to safe work practices
- Basic computer skills and proficiency
- Basic familiarity and understanding of math, physics, chemistry, electricity, mechanics, automation, and can follow oral or written instructions.
- No immigration sponsorship provided
- Ability to meet physical demands, including frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching, and handling; lifting (up to 50 lbs.) and moving heavier items with appropriate equipment
- Ability to occasionally work longer shifts and/or rotating off shifts as needed, based on demands
- Ability to work in conditions where exposure to noise, dust, odor, and/or temperature extremes may exist
- Formal vocational training in plant maintenance activities with emphasis on industrial applications or equivalent job experience in electricity, industrial electrical wiring, mechanics, machine operations, general plumbing, heating ventilation and air conditioning, boiler operations.
- Experience with electrical and mechanical systems in an industrial environment
- Specialized knowledge and demonstrated competency of technician skillsets
- Advanced computer skills, familiarity, and interest
- Experience with TPM initiatives and 5S methodology
- MN boiler license (or commitment to attaining MN boiler license)
- Demonstrated adaptability to unexpected changes and desire for continuous learning
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
US Federal Covid-19 Vaccine Mandate
Due to legal requirements applicable to federal contractors, applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated (i.e., 14 days past the final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine regimen) and provide proof of vaccination prior to their start date unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolabwill provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) withourapplication process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and requireaccommodationassistance in this applicationprocess,pleasecall Ecolab Recruiting Supportat(866) 841-6682forassistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.