Ecolab, the leading global developer of premium cleaning, sanitizing and maintenance products and services for the hospitality, institutional and industrial markets is seeking aMaterial Planner/Purchasing Specialist! This role is responsible for executing sourcing, manufacturing and logistics strategies to meet customer needs.
What's in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more! to see our benefits.
What You Will Do:
- Creates and maintains all purchase orders
- Maintains supplier and commodity files
- Audits invoice discrepancies, reviews discrepancies with supplies and recommends resolutions
- Ensures all vendors are approved and appropriate controls are in place for the order process
- Corrects all vendor invoice errors and freight errors impacting accounts payable before approving payments
- Manages in-transit materials to insure timely delivery and issue resolution
- Provides back-up support for manager when they are not available. This includes answering questions and providing necessary assistance to internal customers
- Compiles data for supplier request for proposals (RFPs), prepares letters to suppliers, organizes supplier responses for quotation comparison and analysis by management
- Other duties as assigned
- Plant location: 2305 Sherwin St, Garland, TX 75041
- Work week and shift: Mon-Fri; 8am-4pm
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous administrative work experience
- Previous experience in material planning, purchasing, logistics, inventory control or related function
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access
- No Immigration Sponsorship available for this opportunity
- Associate or bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- Previous experience in a chemical or consumer products manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail, good communication skills and a team player
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
US Federal Covid-19 Vaccine Mandate
Due to legal requirements applicable to federal contractors, applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated (i.e., 14 days past the final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine regimen) and provide proof of vaccination prior to their start date unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolabwill provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) withourapplication process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and requireaccommodationassistance in this applicationprocess,pleasecall Ecolab Recruiting Supportat(866) 841-6682forassistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.