Ecolab, the leading global developer of premium cleaning, sanitizing and maintenance products and services for the hospitality, institutional and industrial markets is seeking a Logistics Specialist! This role is responsible for data entry, cycle counts, researching, correcting inventory errors and assisting with problem pick tickets and warehouse location accuracies.
What's in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more! to see our benefits.
What You Will Do:
- Performs data entry to release, moves into location or adjusts inventory through computer software
- Addresses departmental paperwork and conducts physical searches/researches of missing products
- Manages receiving schedule of inbound shipments for vendors
- Assists in researching discrepancies on cycle counts
- Assists shipping departments with problem pick tickets
- Determines shipping method for material using knowledge of shipping procedures and rates
- Reports damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes
- Uses a warehouse management system and prepares accurate bills for outbound freight
- Works with establishment representatives to rectify problems such as damages, shortages and nonconformance to specifications
- Tracks departmental data and generates applicable reports as needed
- Stores shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Plant location: Huntington, IN
- Work week and shift: Monday- Friday, 9:00 AM- 5:30 PM. Occasional weekends.
- Compensation package offered: $22.61/hour
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of three months in an administrative, inventory, production or supply chain support role
- Strong communication and mathematical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- No Immigration Sponsorship available for this opportunity
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Previous experience in a warehouse, transportation, shipping and receiving related capacity
- Previous experience in a customer service position
- Previous forklift operating experience
- Experience with Total Production Management (TPM) & Continuous Improvement Systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail, good communication skills and a team player
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
US Federal Covid-19 Vaccine Mandate
Due to legal requirements applicable to federal contractors, applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated (i.e., 14 days past the final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine regimen) and provide proof of vaccination prior to their start date unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolabwill provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) withourapplication process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and requireaccommodationassistance in this applicationprocess,pleasecall Ecolab Recruiting Supportat(866) 841-6682forassistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.