Overhead Cab Crane Operator
Do you like working in a rugged environmentand operating heavy equipment? Are you detail-oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize?Join us as we build the future and the.
Competitive pay - $17.05hr to start with a 90-day review and increaseplus monthly bonuses from 12% to 25% of earned income.
A strong global presence with mini-mills that transform millions of metric tons of raw material to produce steel beams, flat-rolled steel, merchant bar, rebar, spikes, and wire used by the auto industry, appliance, construction, machinery, and equipment industries.
A culture that welcomesdiversity, encourages innovation, and creates products that serve humanity.
An environment that values teamwork, safety, and sustainability.
A commitment to continuous improvement and the belief that we can create a better future for our employees and our global community by investing in people, processes, and technology.
- Comprehensive Medical, Prescription, Dental,Vision Plans - Eligible upon 1stday of hire
- Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
- 100% Matching 401K up to 6%
- Life/Accidental Life Insurance
- Health Advocate Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Career Path System and Training
- An empowering and open culture with the opportunity to grow and create
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Basic computer skills.
- 3 year of crane experience.
- Ability to work as part of a self-directed team with limited supervision.
- Ability to work a (Dupont Schedule) 12 hr rotating shift, days, nights and two weekends a month.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, work in temperatures up to 160 degrees.
- Ability to work in cramped quarters and at heights.
You will operate an overhead crane to lift and transfer the scrap bucket from the scrap loading area to the furnace for charging. Transport raw materials to the floor, add alloys in the furnace/bins, perform electrode addition functions, and position furnace roof, shell, and equipment during maintenance activities. Follow established material handling practices and procedures combined with directives from melt shop floor personnel.
- Operate overhead crane to pick-up and transport scrap bucket from scrap loading area to the furnace for charging. Lift, move, and position raw materials and refill material bins as needed.Perform electrode addition functions.
- Use judgment to plan, perform, and make decisions as to the sequence of material movement and handling procedures required to service melt shop area in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manipulate or depress crane controls such as pedals/levers to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement.
- Inspect crane for defective parts and notify supervisor of defects or malfunctions.
- Unload, transfer, and aid in placing equipment, parts, electrodes, and other supplies.
- May serve as a Relief Ladle Crane Operator when regularly assigned operator is unavailable.
- Perform other crane handling operations in the melt shop as directed according to operational requirements.
- May include removal of slag pot.
- Perform routine equipment care, and record and inspect vehicles and mobile equipment, which may include fueling, cleaning, and checking/adding fluids as needed.
- Assist in training of coworkers as needed.