Chemical Laboratory Technician
Tech I Chem-HF7010
Come join the dynamic team at Hytek Finishes, a diverse organization helping planes fly. Our employees are crafts people who enjoy hands-on work, problem solving, working within a team, and feeling a sense of accomplishment and pride at the end of their day. Our employees have been here an average of 9 years; many have been here for decades.
Full benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) matching, Profit Sharing Plan, 3-weeks paid time off to start, parental leave, short term disability, life insurance, 10 paid holidays, and onsite health services that includes access to a massage therapist.
Title: Laboratory Technician
Reports to: Quality Manager
Location: Kent, WA
Schedule Type: Full Time - 1st Shift (Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
Responsible for coordinating and analyzing chemical and process control tests in the lab of an Aerospace and Defense surface finishing facility.
- Ensure that required chemical testing is performed according to established schedules.
- Ensure that process control tests (test panels, etc.) are performed according to established schedule.
- Maintain control of laboratory documentation.
- Review and implementation of testing for Aerospace Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) specifications.
- Maintenance of True Chem (LIMS-data collection Software).
- Participate in environmental reporting as directed.
- Maintain preparation standardization of lab solutions.
- Responsible for ordering of lab supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Responsible for calibrating equipment as necessary.
- Maintain a tidy work environment in the lab.
- Participate in process improvement efforts.
- Works closely with supervisors and employees throughout the facility.
- Responsible for cross-reviewing test data of other Laboratory personnel.
- Review and implementation of quality assurance requirements. Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and have the ability to work with customers (both internally and externally).
- Has the ability to work autonomously.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills using MS Office products as well as ERP system (Syteline) experience is preferred.
- Reliable and dependable attendance.
- Must have a regular and dependable attendance record.
- Read/Write/Communicate in English.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements:
- BS/BA in Chemistry.
- Experience in manufacturing chemistry desired.
- Must possess basic wet chemistry skills, titrations, analytical skills, and spectroscopy experience.
- Data collection and interpretations experience are also required.
- Desire to work in the Aerospace and Defense industry including learning processing, specifications, and equipment used throughout the facility.
- Previous work history in a Six Sigma/Lean environment is a plus.
Essential Mental/Physical Demands:
Standing for long periods in a laboratory and production environment. Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Use of safety equipment when necessary (goggles, gloves, hearing protection, etc.). Often exposed to wet/humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Hytek Finishes is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet
Hytek Finishes is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any individuals based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability status, or veteran status. Unfortunately we are only able to hire US Persons and unable to sponsor visa applicants. To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Hytek Finishes operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).