Why Join IEM?
We are a woman owned company in Emergency Management that embraces teamwork, collaboration, flexible performance, actionable solutions and integrity/ethics. Our work touches everyone. We produce results that matter. Results that save lives - join us while we build a safe, secure and resilient world.
IEMers believe in the greater good and it is our commitment to attract those who have excellent technical skills, creative minds and innovative ideas to keep propelling us forward.
Location: Morrisville, NC/ Baton Rouge, LA / Arlington, VA (Candidates can work in any of these IEM`s offices, "Relocation maybe offered ")
**Candidates MUST have strong understanding of federal acquisition and assistance regulations or will NOT be considered**
- Provide day-to-day contract administration support for assigned contracts, subcontracts, task orders, and proposals.
- Analyze solicitations and provide advice regarding potential risks and strategies.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of and prepare nondisclosure agreements, teaming agreements, contracts, and subcontracts in accordance with industry best practices and corporate risk policies, within the limits of authority delegated by senior management.
- Reviews subcontracts, contracts, and modifications to ensure the appropriate client requirements and flow-down language are included, procurement procedures documented, and terms and conditions are acceptable.
- Review invoices for compliance with contract terms and conditions.
- Provide subject matter expertise to management on contracting-related issues, from pre-award through post-award administration and closeout.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is acquired and entered into corporate databases in a timely manner; conduct analyses and compile reports as required.
- Assist and manage contract audits.
- Assist the Manager of Contract Administration in developing and maintaining policies and procedures to effectively manage contracts and subcontracts and comply with client requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, state, and local law by reviewing existing and new regulations; anticipating regulations; enforcing adherence to regulations; and advising management on requirements.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of federal regulations, including the Uniform Guidance, FAR, and State and Local requirements.
- 5+ years of experience (Masters or above education may be substituted in some cases) contract administration, pre- and post-award management.
- Strong understanding of federal acquisition and assistance regulations including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200).
- Experience with State and Local government contracting preferred and General Services Administration (GSA) Schedules.
- Experience with balancing contract compliance with program objectives through effective collaboration with stakeholders, SME's and Clients
- Experience with a variety of contract types and vehicles strongly preferred.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint or similar system strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel for business required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain U.S. Government security clearance required
- Meticulous attention to detail, Negotiating skills.
- Knowledge of Federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations governing contracts and contract administration.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to creatively problem solve while maintaining compliance with client contractual requirements.
- Exceptional analytical skills and effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and function in fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent long- and short-term tasks and prioritize tasks based on competing demands.
- Knowledge of contracting industry principles and best practices.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- BA/BS in Business, or related field. JD or MBA a plus.
- National Contract Management Association certification preferred.
Benefits and more:
- 10 paid holidays
- Vacation pay
- Sick pay
- 401 (K) plan with matching
- Company paid STD and LTD
IEM is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and Disabled
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from Human Resources.