Chemical Drumming / Warehouse Technician
Petroleum Service Corporation is looking for an individual to join our team as a Chemical Drumming / Warehouse Technician at a large chemical plant in Baytown, Texas. These individuals work in an industrial chemical plant / warehouse environment and are responsible for the safe and efficient loading and storage of high-end coatings and paints, adhesives, and sealants into drums and totes. These positions are regular, full-time positions with opportunities for cross-training, career growth, and advancement. If you're looking for a stable, long-term career in a booming industry, then consider joining the PSC family!
DuPont - 12 hour rotating shift (days/nights/weekends/holidays)
$ 18 / hr - $ 25 / hr
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely and efficiently operates forklift and other warehouse machinery to move, store, and load raw material and finished goods.
- Safely operates automated machinery to package liquid chemicals into various containers such as drums and totes.
- Responsible for transporting and staging palletized product within the warehouse.
- Performs routine quality control checks by inspecting all drums, totes, and any other containers for damage and checking paperwork/ labels to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for the safe loading/unloading and securement of raw materials and finished goods via tank car/truck, iso-container, totes, or drums.
- Safely stacks drums and totes in their designated area within the warehouse.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work space at all times.
- Performs routine inspection of forklift as per the checklist required.
- Completes any other duties that may be assigned.
Why join the PSC team?
- Must possess a valid TWIC card and driver's license
- 1 or more years' experience in a chemical plant, industrial, warehouse or manufacturing work environment is a plus, but not required
- 1 or more years' experience operating a forklift to move and store material is a plus, but not required
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at .
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Regular on-site attendance and punctuality is required
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 60 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 30 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Stand 8-12 hours per day
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.