Position: Distribution Center Manager
Location: Nashville, TN
Position Overview: Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Distribution Center Manager will direct and coordinate activities to improve reliability, responsiveness, and costs within the Nashville Distribution Center and other warehouse locations. This position is responsible for meeting multi-site KPIs associated with the facilities including OTD, Quality, Productivity, lead-time reduction, and others as circumstances dictate. Manages day-to-day activities through continuous improvement corrective actions, training, lean activities, and other projects as necessary to meet operational cost and Operations Excellence goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, and improve procedures and processes to drive improvements to the operation's quality and efficiency systems.
- Direct and lead the implementation of lean practices in the warehouses including Lean Business Systems, Kata/Kaizen, and Training within Industries.
- Develop corrective actions, as required, to meet the customer needs and objectives of the corporation.
- Direct the development of the organization and plans that are consistent and adequate for the attainment of warehouse personnel objectives.
- Ensure that operations conform to local, state, and federal government regulations and manage an ongoing proactive Environmental, Health, and Safety program.
- Maintain appropriate communication between the corporate staff, the operating group, and the divisions.
- Implement cost-cutting rules in all aspects of storehouse transactions and related activities.
- Create and maintain controlled documents for all work processes for Operation.
- Develop and sustain a training program for all documented processes.
- Assist warehouse supervisors in the development, analysis, and preparation of reports.
- Act as a liaison between Warehouse Supervisors and Customer Service to resolve customer issues.
- Use existing lean ideologies to drive CMCO lean initiative to each location in respect to product management, order accuracy, productivity, and general improvements.
- Maintain Occupational Safety and Health Administration norms for the safety of warehouse workers.
- Participate in expense and capital expenditure budgets as required.
- Direct the preparation of specifications for quality, quantity, delivery, and service required for purchase of plant equipment, supplies, and materials to meet production schedules.
- Partner with plants and purchasing personnel on inventory controls and levels to conform to budgets and forecasts.
- Participate in standardization studies with other divisions, groups, and/or corporate personnel.
- Work in a team environment with other functional, divisional and corporate managers to jointly achieve corporate goals.
- Act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency, and taking corrective action when needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies, and Abilities:
- Proven ability to drive results as well as drive better efficiencies by improving and controlling work processes.
- Highly effective relationship management skills; strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with all functions.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability, including the ability to identify creative and effective solutions and the ability to ask the right questions and help frame logical conclusions.
- Able to support all safety programs, procedures and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates.
- Capable to mentor, train, and develop supervisors for career progression, performance improvement, and recognition purposes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management or related field
- 10+ years of leadership experience in distribution/warehouse environment
- Lean training preferred
About Columbus McKinnon:
We design and make material handling products and solutions, but the most important part of our business is our people. We have been a hard working company for over 140 years - proud of our heritage, where we come from, and where we're going. As Columbus McKinnon grows, so does our need for driven and inspired employees. We are publicly traded and expanding globally - to new markets, geographies, and distribution channels. Join our winning team!
Columbus McKinnon Corporation promotes a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes. We also value the safety of all associates and work hard to maintain a Drug Free Workplace.