To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the "Next" button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the "Posting Summary Page" by clicking on the "Next" button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
|Working Title||Assistant Director Outreach, Recruitment and Diversity|
Some weekends and evenings required
|Hours per Week||37.5|
|Months per Year||12|
|Commitment to Inclusive Excellence||
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
|Purpose of Position||
The Assistant Director will lead the recruitment efforts of all learners (freshmen, transfers, post-traditional, first-generation, low-income, underrepresented, full-time and part-time students). Will represent NKU at college fairs, high school visits, community college visits, community events, conducting recruitment information sessions, completing phone calls and one on one meetings with families to assist with the enrollment process.
Supervises staff members and student assistants.
Assigned a recruitment territory of 20-30 high schools, 2-4 community colleges and 3-4 weeks of travel, presents at on campus and off campus recruitment events and is responsible for yield efforts for applicants assigned to the recruitment territory.
Serves as the department contact for all NKU diversity initiatives and the liaison with the Center for Student Inclusiveness.
Develops partnerships with key external agencies so support recruitment efforts.
Assist with training and providing quality control to the recruitment team.
Interacts on a continuing bases with students, parents, faculty and administrators to interpret admissions policy or procedures.
Participate in setting goals and objectives to ensure the effective delivery of communication plans to recruit and yield undergraduate students (email, direct mail, social media and tele counseling follow up).
Counsel students and parents about postsecondary educational options and recruit them to NKU; conduct individual and group information sessions and provide occasional tours of campus; represent NKU at high school and college day/night programs; assist with general recruitment and admissions office duties. Evaluate freshmen applicants and make admissions decisions.
1) Serves on the Admissions Management Team and supervises staff members
2) Manages a defined recruitment territory (20-30 high schools, 2-4 community colleges, and 3-4 weeks of travel)
3) Counsel students and parents about postsecondary options and recruit them to NKU, assist with customer service for prospective students and respond to the Office of Admissions email accounts
4) Conduct individual and group information sessions and provide occasional tours of campus.
5) Position will direct all recruitment and yield initiatives for diverse and underrepresented students/families
6) Develop key contacts in the community that support diverse and underrepresented learners.
7) Serves as the liaison with NKU's Black Alumni Council, Center for Student Inclusiveness and trains volunteers
8) Assist in the development of marketing action plans for diverse learners.
9) Develops and implements training modules and materials for admission staff members and key offices that serve students
10)Executes annual outreach reports and adhoc reporting as requested from the Director of Admissions, AVP for Enrollment and Financial Assistance and VP for Enrollment Management
11) Position is responsible for meeting application, admit and enrollment targets.
Bachelor's Degree and minimum two years of related work experience.
Excellent communication skills and superior customer service experience. Experience and interest in working with prospective students and parents to promote higher education. Extremely detail orientated, diplomatic with an ability to exercise discretion and maintain privacy, critical thinking skills, ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, prepare and deliver professional presentations. Must have ability to make accurate and deliberate decisions in an often-high volume work environment. Candidates with excellent knowledge of the Spanish language and bilingual skills are encouraged to apply for this position. Candidate must have a valid driver's license and access to transportation.
Review of applicants will begin immediately.
|Minimum Education||Bachelor's Degree|
|Preferred Education||Master's Degree|
|Minimum Experience||2 years|
|Salary||Minimum $42,549.00/ Annually|
|Job Open Date||09/20/2021|
|Job Close Date|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Is this an internal only posting?|