Senior Benefits Specialist - Full Time/ Weekdays
Job #: MMK-63550
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: September 17, 2021
Position Objective:Luminis Health is seekingaSr.Benefits Specialist to join our Annapolis Shared Services team. Successful candidate will possess:
- Extensive experience working with self-insured health plans, defined benefit and defined contribution plans
- Experience with cloud based benefit system and third party benefits service center
- Strong analyticaland problem solving skills to respond toinquiriesandclaims issues
- Responsible for benefit orientation,leave management audits,and ACA administration
- Personable, proactiveand able to work in fast paced environment
- Minimum7 to 10 years benefits experience
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HEALTH & WELFARE:
- Administer employee health and welfare programs including, but not limited to health, dental, vision,life/ad&d,disability,FSA, HSA,defined benefit and defined contribution plans
- Respond to inquiries, discrepanciesand complaints to ensure timely and courteous resolution of problems related to benefits enrollment and processing
- Review and reconcile monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies. Resolve discrepancies with the carrier representatives
- Audit FMLA and disability leaves for compliance with policies and contracts.
- Coordinate withACAvendor to ensure timely employee eligibility notification
- FacilitateBenefit new hire orientation and follow up messaging to ensure enrollment
- Coordinatebenefitfairs and various employee events
PENSIONand 457PLAN ADMINISTRATION:
8. Cross-trained onadministration of Pension and 457 plans including employee education,enrollments, audit and upload funding files, distribution processing, annual notice requirements and annual audit preparation.
9. Establish a timeline to ensure benefits communications are sent timely throughout the year to employees
10. Maintain procedures for all benefit related functions
Required Minimum Education.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Ten (10)yearsof experiencein an Employee Benefits related position.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Personable, proactive, and able to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical, project management,organizational skillsand problem solving skills
- AdvancedExcelskills and experience withHRIS/payroll systemand reporting
- Time management
- Maintain employee confidence and protect benefit operations by keeping information confidential
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- APISystem experience preferred
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
Sedentary work.Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.\
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Diversity Inspires Inclusion and Inclusion Includes Y.O.U.