La Porte, TX
Petroleum Service Corporation is seeking a Rail Switchman / Locomotive Engineer to join our team at a petrochemical plant in La Porte, TX. This position is responsible for working with the engineer on the train to safely move railcars in, out and around a FRA regulated facility. Experience is a plus but not required, and paid on-the-job training is available for entry level. If you're looking for a full-time, stable, long-term career in a booming industry, then consider joining the PSC family!
3-2-2-3 (12 hr shifts rotating between days and nights)
$ 21.50 / hr - $ 24.50 / hr
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Examines track list to determine which railcars are to be spotted, loaded, and/or shipped
- Proceeds to the designated track(s) to separate railcars to be shipped/loaded
- Separates inbound railcars and spots the railcar for loading/discharge
- Pulls and separates loaded railcars that will be shipped from those that have been preloaded
- Ensures that DOT certification for weight on outbound loads is not exceeded
- Any other duties that may be assigned to complete the assigned task
Why join the PSC team?
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check
- Speak fluent English
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures is a plus.
- Since 1952, Petroleum Service Corporation has had a strong reputation for quality service, safety, environmental protection, and taking care of our employees.
- We are a leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at petroleumservice.com/videos to learn more.
- Check out our online newsletter "The Connection" which contains articles about our work groups, recognition events, and achievements of our employees and their family members at petroleumservice.com/newsletters-events/.
- Medical insurance options with the company paying a large portion of the premiums, including affordable dental and vision plans for employees and their families
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits (varies by work group)
- Incentives, discounts, and bonuses
- Industry-leading training and development programs
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Regular on-site attendance and punctuality is required
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 50 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 50 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Walk 3-10 miles per day
- Stand 4-8 hours per day
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Support oneself on a ladder with two feet and one arm extended for up to one minute on each arm
- Extend arms through normal range of motion, in both a horizontal and vertical plane,while standing and squatting
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.