Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Currently, Meijer is looking for a Asset Protection Team Leader. The Asset Protection Team Leader works collaboratively with the Market Asset Protection Team leader and Store Leadership to support a Culture of Safety and 200% accountability. This position oversees and ensures the effectiveness of the asset-protection, safety and fire-protection efforts within the assigned units, through conducting multivariate root cause analyses and strategizing the deployment of solutions that protect the assets of the organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Hires and oversees the activities of department AP team members and assists the Market Asset Protection Team Leader in scheduling and oversight of Store Detectives. Directs team activities and is accountable for providing timely performance feedback, coaching and discipline, including termination when appropriate, of asset prevention staff. Schedules resources within assigned budget standards. Maintains positive employee relations and work environment.
- Communicates store successes and opportunities regularly with the Market Asset Protection Team Leader
- Determines which losses merit investigation and the staffing levels and extent of investigations.
- Directs and participates in investigations of internal/external losses and criminal acts.
- Conducts safety auditing to identify and unsafe conditions and behavior and determine and implement strategies to remediate any concerns.
- Collaborates with store leadership to review gaps and to determine gap solutions with respect to safety and asset protection standards.
- Oversees and implements safety programs in partnership with store leadership.
- Review OSHA logs, customer and team member accident investigations to determine adherence to reporting requirements, trends, and patterns of elevated risk.
- Directs investigation of Exception Based Reporting (XBR) exceptions for assigned units.
- Ensures physical security of assigned unit, e.g. AP technology, fire protection system and associated alarms are operational, key control is properly maintained and staff is appropriately trained.
- Works with store detective teams and regional detective to identify and investigate Organized Retail Crime (ORC) activity. Analyzes and data and determines strategy for operations within assigned arena.
- Partner with law enforcement and makes recommendations as to when law enforcement will be called and whether staff or customers will be prosecuted.
- Reviews incident and apprehension reports for adherence to standards and case quality, makes recommendations based on analyses for continuous improvement.
- Serves as a permanent member of the store's Safety Committee Team.
- Evaluates, participates in the selection of and coordinates third-party security services for internal and external protection.
- Develops and implements strategies related to ensure store's shrink plans and Asset Protection goals are accomplished.
- Ensures product protection staff is trained and evaluate staff to confirm they executes to select store standard.
- Conducts inventory preparation assessment and response.
- Collaborates and supports leadership team to ensure on-process execution.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 2+ years of asset protection experience; investigative experience and ability.
- Ability to think strategically & make discretionary recommendations and decisions.
- Working knowledge of OSHA Regulations
- Understanding of behavioral safety strategies
- Working knowledge of the following operating systems and methods; Security and Fire hardware, such as CCTV, Burglar Systems, Fire Systems, EAS Systems
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of emergency response protocols and processes (public & private)
- Ability to proficiently delegate tasks to ensure completion at multiple units
- Ability to prioritizes time to achieve the greatest positive impact to the organization
- Utilizes effective leadership skills to remotely lead asset protection teams even while not on the premises
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of financial reporting tools including Shrink, P/L Statements, Risk Assessments and Exception Reports
- Strong investigative skills/techniques
- Skilled in interviewing and interrogations tactics (Wicklander preferred)
- Understanding of the criminal and civil justice system (e.g. local, state, federal, and regulatory, etc.)
- Proficient in XBR reporting tool.
- Understanding of ORC
- Understanding of retail operations (e.g. cash office, receiving, Pharmacy operations) & product protection strategies