|Home Org Name||Clinical Sciences|
|Division Name||College of Veterinary Medicine|
|Position Title||Assistant III, Veterinary|
|Job Class Code||IC11C|
|Limited Term Length|
This position will be responsible for providing support for dermatology, surgery, internal medicine, and patient care. The ideal candidate is flexible and enjoys working with multiple services.
As a teaching institution, we excel at teaching advanced techniques, not only to vet students but our staff. This individual will help with restraint, blood draws, ultrasounds, CTs, MRIs, surgery scrub, stocking, cleaning, patient histories, client communication, filling medications, various diagnostic procedures as well as monitoring patients post-procedure. Scheduling can be flexible for the right individual.
Auburn University is committed to providing a comprehensive employee benefits package that attracts and retains talent to further the University's mission and contributes to the personal and financial well-being of employees and their families. Employee Benefits include: Four weeks of paid vacation and 2 weeks of paid sick time per year, holiday pay, health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care, Cancer Insurance, Life Insurance/Personal Accident Coverage, Disability Group & Supplemental Plans, Flexible Spending Account Plan, and Mandatory and Voluntary Retirement Plans, and Tuition Assistance for Employees and Dependents.
1. Assists with administering treatments and monitoring patients admitted in IMC or ICU, Observes and records vital data, abnormal signs, body weight, food/water intake of animals, and collects and labels specimens and perform treatments and administer medications as prescribed by primary veterinarian.
2. Performs and demonstrates veterinary care techniques and procedures related to emergency and critical care medicine.
3. Assists veterinarians in the care of patients requiring advanced procedures and life-saving techniques including CPR and mechanical ventilation.
4. Inspects facilities, equipment, and supplies daily, as well as observes health status of animals, environmental conditions, temperature, and sanitation.
5. Assists with emergency triage and stabilization of patients presenting through the Emergency service
6. May be responsible for, or assist in, billing clients, inputting charges, and/or similar tasks
|Education Level||High school diploma or equivalent|
|Field of Study|
|Years of Experience||No experience required for entry level|
|Area of Experience|
|Requirements for Additional Job Levels||
Depending on the combination of education and experience, selected candidates will be assigned Levels I, II, or III. Salary range is determined by eligibility for Level I, II, or III.
Level II requires a high school diploma or equivalent and 2 years of experience in the care and comfort of animals. A degree can be substituted in lieu of experience.
Level III requires a high school diploma or equivalent and 4 years of experience in the care and comfort of animals. A degree can be substituted in lieu of experience.
|Field of Study|
|Years of Experience||When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience.|
|Area of Experience|
|Requirements for Additional Job Levels|
|Minimum Skills and Abilities|
|Minimum Technology Skills|
|Minimum License and Certifications|
Experience working in the care and comfort of animals or experience in a veterinary hospital environment is desired.
|Salary Range||$20,300 - $41,700|
|Job Category||Agricultural/Veterinary Medicine|
|Working Hours if Non-Traditional||As scheduled|
|City position is located in:||Gulf Shores|
|State position is located:||Alabama|
|List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position|
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment is required. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
|Quick Link for Internal Postings|