|Role and Responsibilities
Powder Coating Operator Level I is an entry level position into the company. The responsibility of the Level I operator is to assist the Powder Coating Operator Level II and above in the daily running of the powder coating production line. Some of the responsibilities are as follows:
- Racks and unracks product for painting
- Help to change over powder booths when new set up is required
- Helps to maintain powder coating racks – cleans and organizes
- Helps to clean and maintain other powder coating equipment
- Work to ensure safe practices and company policies and procedures are being followed
- Apply prepared paints to products where high grade and decorative finishes are required.
- Operate paint booth in lead painter’s absence. Including: mix various two-part paints to the specified consistency and viscosity; adjust equipment to obtain the best finish requirements and economy; set up powder coat and related equipment to exacting specifications and prepare equipment for production.
- Ensure that items are properly hung on hooks and racks.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Work to ensure ongoing success of company maintenance plans and objectives
- Work to ensure ongoing success of company housekeeping and organization objectives
- Reads and accurately interprets shop paper
- Performs other assigned duties to achieve the goals of the department and company
A successful candidate must be a team oriented person with good communication skills. A successful candidate must be able to excel at the following:
- Manufacturing experience.
- Blueprint reading ability.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Mechanical aptitude
- Follows set attendance/punctuality policies
- Takes initiative
- Shows good communication and listening skills
- Is dependable
- Good Organizational skills
- Electroplating/Metal Finishing experience
- ISO quality mgmt systems experience
- Forklift license a plus
- The ability to lift 50 pounds
- Some detailed hand work
- Ability to carry 30 pounds, 3 feet, occasionally.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Good hand/finger dexterity required.
- Ability to handle repetitive motion.
- Ability to reach above shoulders, crouch, and bend at the waist
The work environment is a fast paced, manufacturing job-shop. A variety of chemical baths are used on manufacturing floor on a daily basis and proper care and focus must be taken to ensure safety. Communication and teamwork are highly valued within the company as well as the push for continual improvement.