Description Job Description:
Leidos seeks an experienced Software Tester to provide support on a high-profile dynamic project in the Herndon, VA area. The Software Tester will be part of the manual test team verifying and validating a suite of desktop and web-based tools.
- The Software Tester is responsible for testing all aspects of the application suite including functional testing, compatibility testing, regression testing, designing and running test scenarios, ensuring all requirements/user stories have been correctly implemented, assisting with detecting, reporting, and communicating any defects found while testing.
- The Software Tester will perform accessibility testing verifying 508 accessibility standards are being met.
- The Software Tester will participate in peer reviews of requirements and test documentation.
- Working in a Scrum agile development environment, the Software Tester will collaborate with developers and test team members; adhere to project schedules and milestones; and provide status updates to Test Lead.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering and 12 years of experience OR a Master's degree and 10 years of experience OR 16 years of equivalent experience.
- Must have a TS/SCI with Poly.
- At least five (5) years of experience as a software tester.
- Experienced in the Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with testing software to verify and validate requirements.
- Experience with manually testing desktop applications, web-based applications, and APIs.
- Experience with detecting, reporting, and communicating any code defects effectively.
- Experience writing test cases in a clear, concise way.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, to convey technical concepts.
- Advance degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- At least ten (10) years of experience as an applications tester
- Experience applying software testing techniques and best practices
- Knowledge of requirements & bug tracking tool
- Experience with accessibility (508) testing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to convey technical concepts