About Informa Markets
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Through targeted digital services, virtual and face-to-face exhibitions and actionable data solutions, our 450+ brands provide buyers and sellers around the world with opportunities to connect. As the world's leading market-making company, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.Job Description
- Work closely with supervisor and show team on all phases of operations.
- Develop, manage and maintain assigned budget areas by providing accurate forecasts, tracking expenses to ensure costs do not exceed budget and reviewing processes for cost saving initiatives. Prepare vouchers and check requests to process event payments and acquire appropriate payment approval.
- Negotiate with facilities and vendors to ensure lowest cost, while maintaining high quality services for show management and exhibitors.
- Assist with layout of floor plans to ensure proper exhibitor placement, good traffic flow, adequate areas for exhibitor service, and compliance with safety and facility requirement.
- Oversee all event management shipping/receiving of materials to event site including distribution of shipping instructions, mailing labels, collection of tracking information and onsite procedures for receiving freight. Responsible for the ordering and shipping of show supplies.
- Assist with the coordination of assigned event signage as necessary to include collection of content, submission, editing approval of signage proofs, and onsite placement/removal.
- Assist with the coordination, preparation and workflow of work orders pertaining to all event service providers, including but not limited to: electrical, internet, venue services, decorator services, audio-visual services, office equipment, etc. to ensure a smooth and orderly move-in/out of the event. Responsible for communicating approved designs to all necessary team members.
- Assist with the coordination, preparation and workflow of work orders pertaining to event service security plan within a specified area.
- Manage meeting space assignments for all show management activities, education program, affiliate group functions and exhibitor rentals by maintaining master schedule and space grid, sending space confirmation to appropriate parties and communicating needs to facility.
- Oversee creation of on-line exhibitor service manual, monthly exhibitor updates, function books, staff handbooks, show guides, etc.
- Develop and plan for on-site elements (i.e., decor, signage, floral, etc.) communicating details to vendors in a timely, clear and concise manner.
- Manage assigned on-site activities and serve as a primary contact for show staff, facility and vendors.
- Manage exhibitor registration pre-event and on-site in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Manage sponsorship fulfillment and provide sales support by developing and distributing specification sheets, tracking activities and expenses, fulfilling operational elements and communicating with sponsors in a timely, clear and concise manner.
- Develop strong relationships with exhibitors, handling booth regulations, vendor issues, and overall communication regarding operations, ensuring that all communication is timely, clear, concise and consistent with show guidelines.
- Manage all Health and Safety initiatives as directed by H&S team including, but not limited to, onsite event checklist, onsite Emergency Management Plan, onsite security walks, and incident reports.
- Manage Exhibitor Appointed Contractors (EACs) ensuring payment, certificate of insurance and designation forms are collected for each EAC and approved by show management.
- Oversee International Exhibitor Insurance program.
- Develop and maintain a variety of reports on a weekly/monthly/annual basis. Data entry as needed. Manage the flow of change sheets.
- Perform any other duties that are commensurate with the position and areas of responsibility.
- Travel, as required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Two-five years of experience in tradeshows, meetings, hotel, and/or banquet operations or sales, or other event related background.
- Ability to develop and manage budgets.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively multi-task.
- High level of proficiency in the use of standard computer software including Word and Excel.
- Basic Cad skills.
- Project oriented with superior attention to detail and outstanding organizational and prioritization skills.
- Excellent customer service and written / verbal / telephone communication skills.
- Strong team player who interacts well with external clients, vendors and internal teams.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.