The Assistant Product Marketing Manager will support marketing initiatives within Product Line Marketing, supporting one or more product lines. Within this role, you will contribute to profitable sales growth of business unit(s) by supporting the creation and implementation of strategies and plans that differentiate Ecolab from its competitors.
What's in it For You:
Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most ethical companies in the world
Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Support marketing strategy including creating and implementing strategies and plans for products and programs.
- Execute marketing plans including tracking promotions to ensure corporate objectives are met.
- Collaborate with other departments to produce world-class marketing collateral materials.
- Ensure accurate representation of Ecolab to the community with regards to product specific regulations and information.
- Determine and execute effective solutions for product related issues such as forecasting of product sales for each warehouse, resolving product supply issues, and coordinating alternative solutions for product related issues.
- Write communication briefs for all promotional activities and ensure that communications are clear and timely.
- Support the execution of the programs and tactics established as part of the strategy planning. The Assistant Product Marketer will be responsible for executing activities as directly related to managing the performance of the existing product portfolio, including product rationalization, raw material strategies, productivity enhancements, and supply chain assurance.
- Leverage cross functional groups to couple knowledge of customer needs with existing and future technology capabilities.
- Track and report on product line performance metrics and take corrective action working with product line manager as required.
Additional Responsibilities specific to PLM:
- Price management and margin analysis
- Regulatory support - areas of knowledge and understanding to include labels, SDS, COAs, International Clearances, etc.
- Logistics and Supply Chain liaison, including but not limited to order management, seasonal warehouse management, manufacturing, scheduling collaboration, customer quality and supplier surveys
- Special Projects as assigned that may require cross-functional support and involvement
- Product set-ups - manufactured and 3rd party supplied
- SharePoint site management, eCommerce storefront customer experience
- Strategic customer contact as required
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of professional experience in a business to business environment
- Science, Technology, Equipment, Engineer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work well in a group as a solid team player
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and coordinate projects across different functional groups in a matrix organization.
- Experience with industrial sales, technical support or engineering functions.
- Solid business acumen - order-to-cash process knowledge
- Strong problem solving / Analytical Skills
- Attention to detail; strong sense of urgency
- Experience with wide range of marketing tools, including strategic and tactical product marketing capabilities
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.