Commercial Review Appraiser
Level: Sr. Manager
As a commercial review appraiser, you will be responsible for reviewing a variety of property types (including Multi-family, land, industrial, office, mixed use, retail shopping center, mall, hospitality, assisted living/nursing/health care, special use, etc.). A broad current geographic experience is preferable as projects occur throughout the United States. You will engage 3rd party vendors to prepare appraisal reports on real property offered as collateral in connection with various loan transaction requests. You will also be responsible for reviewing and analyzing reports upon receipt for compliance with federal and state regulations including FIRREA, and Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice and reasonableness of value conclusion (including the internal modification of the external value conclusion as warranted). You will deal with moderate to complex assignments; diversified duties and the coordination of related assignments are typical. Excellent judgment and independent decision making are required for moderately complex issues. A thorough knowledge of appraisal theory and experience utilizing the three approaches to market value of real estate (familiarity with valuation issues such as LIHTC, abatements and exemptions, favorable financing, varying interests) are necessary to be successful in this role. Current experience in valuing and reviewing a variety of property types is required.
- The Commercial Review Appraiser will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing reports upon receipt for compliance with federal and state regulations including FIRREA, and Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice and reasonableness of value conclusion (including the internal modification of the external value conclusion as warranted).
- Have thorough knowledge of FIRREA, Interagency Guidelines, and Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice and ability to enforce the same
- Familiar with broad trends in the local markets for residential (single and multi-unit), agriculture, industrial and commercial real estate, as a result of experience, personal contacts and analysis of available market data, applying such market knowledge to interpreting accuracy of real estate appraisal reports. Must also be aware of any local and/or State ordinances and zoning restrictions that may affect property values.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser
- MAI designation
- At least 2 years of experience with ARGUS and RIMS
- At least 3 years experience in the appraisal industry or as a review appraiser for a financial institution (e.g. debt fund, bank, etc)
- At least 2 years of experience acting as a strategic thought partner with a forward leaning mindset related to the Commercial Real Estate industry
- At least 1 year of experience in valuing and reviewing a variety of property types
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills to effectively communicate between bank underwriters and appraiser vendors
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to keep stakeholders informed
- Ability to recognize issues that should be escalated within the chain of command and do so proactively
- Excellent problem solving, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be a highly motivated, productive team player
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).