Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
The Automation Operator, under direct supervision, performs moderately complex oilfield automation tasks to provide assistance in the oversight for the optimization of oilfield automation and communications systems. The position requires the individual to assist field personnel, Automation department and engineering staff to implement and maintain automation equipment in a field environment. May also provide installation and maintenance support.
High school diploma or equivalent; associates' degree in Electronics preferred
Requires a minimum of 3 years of related industry experience in oilfield automation, instrumentation and/or production operations
* Troubleshoots well site automation and communication equipment
* Determine requirements, specifications and make recommendations for communication and automation equipment
* Configure Programmable Logic Controllers and Remote Terminal Units
* Assist field personnel on operation and maintenance of automation equipment
* Develop scope of work to assess automation and communication projects for both internal company evaluation and for bidding equipment and services
* Oversee automation and communication contractors
* Oil and gas industry experience preferred
* Practice safe work habits at all times
* Demonstrate commitment to Devon Attributes
* Intermediate level computer skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Able to work within a team environment
* General knowledge of oilfield operations including plunger lift, electric submersible pump systems, and gas lift operation
* Able to travel and work extended hours
* Knowledge of Radio Frequency communications systems, conventional and spread spectrum and familiarity with TCP/IP and Modbus networking is preferred
* Familiarization with AC and DC distribution and control systems preferred
* Knowledge of current regulatory requirements
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at .