The Manager, Study Advertising oversees and manages the development and implementation of marketing and recruitment campaigns for Clinical Research Clients. This position is responsible for the financial performance of the Study Advertising service line through maintaining client relationships, lead generation, successful campaigns, and service billing.
To be considered for U.S.-based positions unless currently employed by WCG, where permitted by applicable law (including any applicable reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption), candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by start date.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Communications, Marketing, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing marketing campaigns utilizing traditional (TV, radio, print) and digital mediums.
- Experience with patient recruitment, including management of clients, process, data and analytics tracking and media.
- Demonstrated experience in Institutional Review Board submission and review process.
- Strong understanding of clinical protocols, the associated study specifications, the clinical trial process across Phase II- IV and how patient recruitment fits within the process.
- Experience with direct-response advertising.
- Demonstrated leadership skills: Experience in a forma/leadership role preferred.
- Ability to resolve patient recruitment conflicts between site/sponsor/CRO.
- Project management experience in a fast-paced and multi-tasked environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail, with proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks and problem solve effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Manage Marketing Specialist and provide subject matter expertise related to client deliverables and process workflow (35% of time)
- Track team goals identify barriers preventing the team from achieving those goals (if applicable) and develop solutions to mitigate those barriers.
- Support the development of staff by providing detailed and consistent performance feedback, recommendations for promotion, and corrective action when necessary.
- Responsible for overseeing all patient recruitment activities, including development of campaigns, submissions to Institutional Review Boards, execution, and performance tracking (60% of time)
- Oversee creative for all corporate marketing proposals for research sites.
- Monitor Study Advertising campaign performance and is responsible for all activities related to patient database and study-specific postings, including analytics and metrics tracking.
- Research and evaluate potential partnerships to aid in increasing the quality and quantity of patient recruitment services.
- Stay in-tune to latest patient recruitment tactics through research and networking.
- Coordinate with Business Development to oversee study advertising and help review marketing proposals for prospective clients.
- Review monthly financial performance of the business with the accounting team (5% of time)
- Responsible for the management and evaluation of an assigned team. Such responsibilities may include training; planning, assigning, and directing work; conducting performance appraisals; and addressing/resolving complaints and issues.
WCG Site Services provides administrative solutions that focus on the unique and complex challenges inherent to clinical research. Partnering with WCG allows institutions to decrease study start-up times, overhead costs, and internal training, while truly allowing personnel to refocus their attention to quality patient care. Our unique knowledge and expertise differentiate our business practices and provide unparalleled solutions for academic medical centers, community hospitals, health systems.
WCG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer – Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.