Senior Staff Appraiser - Commercial
The Senior Staff Appraiser (Commercial) will be responsible for reviewing and performing written appraisal reports on commercial, industrial and special use properties according to underwriting standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain contact with various departments to resolve problems relative to requests for appraisal work related to commercial, industrial and special use properties.
- Responsible for maintaining and expanding list of approved appraisers for commercial, industrial and special use properties as well as for business and FF&E valuations within all regions served by Valley National Bank or its affiliates.
- Responsible for bidding appraisal jobs to outside appraisal firms and engaging them to perform the assignments for Valley National Bank as well as assuring a reasonable turn around time for completion.
- Responsible for processing appraisal requests and customer billing to ensure that the skill level of outside fee appraisers is sufficient and that the fee quotes are reasonable.
- Reviewing appraisals to ensure the methodology, market data and analyses are reasonable and that the reports conform to USPAP and Valley National Bank standards.
- Travel to properties for appraisal inspections and related fieldwork as well as construction loan inspections.
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining and reviewing construction loan disbursement reports and funding spreadsheets for in-house inspections as well as those prepared by outside engineer consultants.
- Assist in the implementation of new technology and software applicable to the appraisal department.
- PC Computer Skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and lease analysis software such as Argus, Project and DynaLease.
- Knowledge of USPAP, Interagency Appraisal guidelines, OCC, HVCC guidelines and regulations pertaining to Commercial Real Estate appraisals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize assignments.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of five years of experience in appraising Commercial, industrial and special use properties.
- A qualified candidate should have successfully completed Appraisal Institute courses through Capitalization A & B.
- Must be affiliated with a major appraisal organization such as the Appraisal Institute, Independent Fee Appraisers or American Society of Appraisers.
- State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser.
- Valid driver's license.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred.
Valley National Bank is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.