At Ecolab we are the world's largest sustainability services company focused on industrial water, energy and air applications; delivering significant environmental, social and economic performance benefits to our customers.
Join our growing team as an Associate Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Specialist within our Global Supply Chain organization! TheAssociate SHE Specialistis responsible for partnering with the Safety, Health & Environmental Manager to sustain and continue to grow the safety culture in this world class lean chemical manufacturing plant. We are seeking a qualified and motivated individual to coordinate health, safety and environmental programs, inspections, training, audits and hazard assessments related to OSHA and environmental requirements in support of established safety policies and practices ensuring the wellbeing of employees, contractors and visitors.
What's in it For You:
The opportunity to take on some of the world's most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Works with the SHE (Safety Health & Environmental) Manager and Operations team to continue to build and sustain a strong safety culture through loss analysis and TPM.
- Interacts with all levels of the organization and upholds a positive safety and environmental work environment.
- Communicates and initiates improvements based on trends in audit findings, corrective actions, and best practices.
- Maintains training records & updates training materials.
- Maintains incident report tracking.
- Assists in updating Standard Operating Procedures for facility compliance with the major regulatory programs
- Provides audit activity support to SHE Manager
- Follows up with coaches and/or incident investigation teamswith the timely investigation of incidents identification of root cause and rapid correction
- Provides support to SHE Manager for the management of waste material program
- Provides guidance and technical expertise to ensure compliance with EHS regulations.
- Performs all other duties as assigned to support the SHE Manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, or Engineering required.
- 2 + years' experience with safety or health systems in manufacturing and warehousing environment.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- No immigration sponsorship available for this opportunity
- Good working knowledge of OSHA
- Strong demonstrated passion for safety, a willingness to learn and be developed in a fast paced demanding environment.
- 5+ years of experience in environmental practices in a chemical manufacturing and distribution setting.
- Experience leading training and development initiatives in the field of Environment, Health, or Safety.
- Experience in project leadership.
- Certification as a Safety Professional and/or as an Industrial Hygienist.
- TPM experience.
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
US Federal Covid-19 Vaccine Mandate
Due to legal requirements applicable to federal contractors, applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated (i.e., 14 days past the final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine regimen) and provide proof of vaccination prior to their start date unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolabwill provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) withourapplication process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and requireaccommodationassistance in this applicationprocess,pleasecall Ecolab Recruiting Supportat(866) 841-6682forassistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.