Driven by a commitment to research, quality and service, PDI provides innovative products, educational resources, training and support to prevent infection transmission and promote health and wellness. Encompassing 3 areas, our Healthcare, Sani Professional and Contract manufacturing divisions, we develop, manufacture and distribute leading edge products for North America and the world. We have several locations across the US and are looking for new Associates to join our team!
The PDI Marketing team aims to bring together the brightest minds in business, technology and innovation to work jointly in identifying, creating and building new and scalable solutions focused on disrupting the infection prevention, control and device industry.
PDI is seeking a highly motivated Director of Solutions Innovation to partner with commercial, R&D and cross-functional teams to discover insights, develop market and business hypotheses, build prototypes and experiments, and validate assumptions through piloting/partnering with target customers, leading to commercializing breakthrough products, services, and business platforms that deliver long-term growth. This role will be responsible for owning and accelerating a specific portfolio of strategic and transformational innovation initiatives and will be instrumental in institutionalizing innovation processes and methodologies within the PDI organization.
- Serve as an innovation leader and coach enabling the exploration and delivery of new innovation initiatives using proven innovation methodologies to de-risk decision making and optimize probability of market success.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to scope and lead immersions and in-depth market research interviews to understand key customer needs and challenges. Leverage ethnographic research and other learning approaches to ensure that solutions, business models, and commercial strategies are customer centric.
- Lead and facilitate brainstorming, customer co-creation workshops, sprints and ideation workshops to create and evaluate new and innovative product, services and solutions to address uncovered customer needs.
- Accelerate the development and testing of new, innovative solutions through visualizations (customer/stakeholder journey maps, low-fi concepts, etc.), prototypes, and Minimally Viable Products (MVP's) to bring concepts to life.
- Collaborate with commercial teams to establish the strategy, requirements, schedule and budget for driving in-market experiments and pilots to test new innovative concepts and assumptions.
- Lead a portfolio of ongoing pilot experiments and work to identify creative alternatives and best options to drive the overall progress of the portfolio.
- Translate strategic priorities into actionable game plans and ensure the right resources are in place, considering both capability and capacity, and the right KPIs are established to measurement the impact of innovation initiatives.
- Execute a innovation project management approach that will build capability and accelerate agility.
- Build and exhibit organizational capability in horizontal adaptation, change and transformation across the enterprise - consultative skills (asking the right questions, creating momentum with dialogue, driving towards deliverables and outcomes, project/portfolio management, organization design - structure and process, change management progress and outcome measurement).
- Function as a knowledge base and resource for strategy, commercial and innovation teams.
- Cultivate a network of innovators, thought leaders, and influencers both internal and external to PDI. Responsible for sourcing and managing subject matter experts and partners to augment innovation team thinking, skills and initiatives.
Accountabilities & Performance Measures
- Collaboration with key stakeholders and business teams to define innovation strategy, roadmap and execution of prioritized innovation initiatives
- Achievement of a robust pipeline of innovative new products, solution and service opportunities across Environment of Care, IC/PC and Sani Professional businesses
- Building innovation discipline, capabilities and metrics across upstream and downstream marketing teams
- Reports to the VP of Marketing
- Leads solution innovation across Environment of Care, IC/PC and Sani Professional teams
- Collaborates with key cross-functional stakeholders to ensuring flawless execution of innovation programs
- Collaborates with the Core Team Leaders to ensure resources and timelines are aligned and projects launch on time
- Bachelor degree required. MBA or advanced degree is highly desired.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in growth marketing, product management, business development, and/or innovation consulting. Backgrounds with start-up creation and/or consumer-oriented offerings are highly desirable.
- Deep experience and track record of leading innovation initiatives that have brought products and/or services to market with clear realization of commercial success.
- Experience with driving large, complex change efforts that drive results through influence, persuasion and relationships.
- Highly skilled facilitator and coach with deep experience leading multi-disciplinary innovation programs in environments where markets and customers are ambiguous/undefined.
- Management experience in organizations and situations requiring a combination of strategic vision, and practical project management and execution skills.
- Strong intellectual capital paired with equally strong emotional intelligence
- Assesses quickly with a track record of getting up to speed and adding immediate value to new situations.
- Expertise in tools and methodologies related to innovation and/or design thinking (e.x. Stanford Biodesign innovation process).
- Proven analytical skills, including business case development and pitching.
- Extensive experience and skills in project management.
- Communicator: Strong verbal and visual presentation skills. Open, articulate and proactive in discussing issues and sharing information. A great listener. Effective evangelist, teaching and coaching others on innovation processes and outcomes.
- Team-oriented: Able to collaborate in a team-based environment to support and inspire other team members through collaboration, direction, vision and delivery of work.
- Entrepreneurial: Thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment and is excited by the chance to play a larger role, building new initiatives from scratch to scale.
- Experimenter: Explores the world intellectually and experimentally, with an excitement to try new things and "fail early, and fast."
- Passionate: Passionate about the business, people and performance. Is self-motivated and positive.
- Self-Starter: Able to take things and run with them. Strategically prioritizes multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
- Networker: Creative in finding, exploring and testing ideas through a diverse network of individuals.
- Principled: Is ethical; has the utmost integrity and is a positive example for others to emulate. Embraces the PDI vision and mission.
- Typical office environment; will involve travel between multiple PDI sites.