Diesel Technician-Fairbanks, AK
Service Excellence. Performance. Integrity. Teamwork. Consistency. Innovation.
Our Fairbanks team is currently seeking Diesel Technicians to provide quality preventative maintenance and service to our fleet of diesel engine motorcoaches and coach related components.
- Routinely, performs preventative maintenance and safety inspections on our fleet of motorcoaches
- Diagnoses electrical issues ranging from basic lighting to complex multiplex systems.
- Cleans and maintains maintenance facilities and areas according to established Company standards.
- Applies federal, state, and Company regulations, policies, and procedures to all tasks.
- Maintains maintenance records in the appropriate logs.
- Performs other maintenance duties required by departmental supervision.
- This job normally requires a level of knowledge in motor coach or commercial vehicle maintenance equivalent to that which would be acquired through work experience or some college or completion of technical training or certification.
- Demonstration of directly related work experience, which has provided a depth of knowledge may be considered in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Two years of experience in positions involving motor coach or commercial vehicle maintenance is preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of computer business applications, with working knowledge of computerized maintenance inventory and laptop diagnostics.
- Proficiency in reading electric and pneumatic schematics, maintenance literature, and parts diagrams.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, maintain an attention to accuracy and detail, while working in a team or group environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and written, with employees and management.
- CFC and brake inspector certification is preferred.
- Complete set of mechanic's hand tools is required.
- Current Alaska driver's license (or the ability to obtain one) with clean driving record is required. Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be requested.
- Commercial Driver's License with passenger endorsement is desired. (May be obtained through Company training course).
- Must pass a pre-employment background check.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test and will become a part of our random drug test pool.
- Dedicated commitment to a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Competitive wages $23-$35 an hour DOE
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health Benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- All full-time mechanics receive an annual tool bonus of $1,500 (Pre-Tax).
- Relocation assistance is available.
- Paid Industry Specific Training.
- Company provided uniforms.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk, climb and work in elevated areas 20 feet off the ground, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, to use a computer to research and enter information, and to keep accurate logs of work performed.
- The employee will frequently lift and or move up to 60 pounds and will occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; vehicle fuels and fluids, refrigerant, and maintenance cleaning solutions.
- The work is performed in a typical maintenance shop environment during company established work hours and workdays.
- The shift schedule may vary. Weekend, holiday and overtime work may be required according to business needs.
Our Culture...Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; and the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Carnival family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: .
Holland America Line and Princess are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.