About Us: R.S. Harritan is a leading industrial construction firm, specializing in the manufacturing and installation of process and utility piping systems, custom sheet metal fabrication, including installation of ducts and chutes, structural steel fabrication and installation, as well as equipment setting and erection.
Our experienced, highly skilled work force consists of a wide range of craftsman, including highly experienced project management personnel, ironworkers, millwrights, pipefitters, plumbers, sheet metal workers, laborers, and welders.
Job Title: Sheet Metal Division Manager
Job Summary: The Sheet Metal Division Manager assists the company in this skilled supervisory work in the preparation of client-driven proposals for the repair, maintenance, fabrication, and installation of various types of sheet metal (including stainless steel) ducts, equipment, fixtures, apparatus, and tools.
An employee allocated to this class of work is responsible for supervising sheet metal workers and helpers engaged in the construction and installation of sheet metal fixtures such as ductwork, vents, chutes, flashings, and ducts related attachments and fittings. An important part of the work includes the design and manufacture of specialized equipment, fixtures, and apparatus used in industrial and commercial applications, and the efficient production of fabricated materials. Work also includes ordering supplies, preparing reports, and maintaining standard records. An employee in this classification has demonstrated experience in all aspects of Sheet Metal construction standards, estimating, cost analysis, project management, and client relations. Work assignments are received through oral or written instructions. Work is reviewed while in progress and on completion for compliance with specifications and acceptable standards of workmanship.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises skilled and semi-skilled workers in the repair and construction of sheet metal ducts, fixtures, equipment and apparatus; supervises and participates in laying out patterns on metal, forms, and shapes.
- Supervises the fabrication and installation of equipment such as ventilating and air conditioning ducts, roof structures, flashings, and specialized equipment used in industrial and commercial applications.
- Recruits and trains skilled and trades helper personnel.
- Execute and manage terms of project contracts.
- Prepare Project Estimates to ensure a complete scope of work is defined.
- Monitor project budgets and provide regular cost updates to company CFO, as required.
- Prepare and present computer generated spreadsheets and reports.
- Maintain regular communication and collaboration with project superintendents by spending time on assigned job sites.
- Recommend methods and/or improvements based on project needs and resource capabilities.
- Report and resolve employee concerns and/or grievances as needed.
- Ensure job site employees maintain a safe work environment by conducting safety audits.
- Conduct Toolbox Talks and other company training on assigned job sites as needed.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Thorough knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, and practices employed in the sheet metal trades.
- Thorough knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Ability to supervise the work of sheet metal workers and helpers.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out complex oral and written instructions, including the interpretation of drawings, sketches, and blue prints.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with personnel of other departments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally.
- Skill in the use and care of equipment and tools of the sheet metal trade.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of field concepts, practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of and ability to apply OSHA safety standards.
- Working knowledge and familiarity of SMACNA Industrial Standards and their application.
- Working knowledge of construction contract language and terms.
- Familiarity with local market is desirable.
- Track and submit accurate time sheets weekly for all employees actively working on shop fabrication jobs.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must possess excellent computer skills including AutoCad and estimating software.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and work collaboratively with clients, field personnel, and shop personnel.
- Must demonstrate ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects
- Must demonstrate technical skills in project management, quality assurance, and costing.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze and solve problems on a strategic and tactical level.
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled