Skilled Trades Services, an Industry leader in construction staffing has immediate needs for commercial Sheet Metal Mechanics and helpers for projects in Charlotte, NC area. Please submit up to date resume to be considered! No per diem, local candidates only!
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of materials required.
-Must be able to read a tape measure!
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
- Prepare, fabricate and install commercial duct work to specifications.
- Install hangars, supports, according to plans and applicable specifications.
- Hoist loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks, cables, and other rigging equipment.
- Experienced installing VAV's, square and spiral duct work.
- Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance history experience.
- Ability to read prints and construction drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and manufacturers manuals and instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge on the pipe fitting processes for industrial piping and boiler components.
- Journeyman must have 8-10 years experience with commercial sheet metal duct installation.
- Top-Helpers must have 5-8 years experience with commercial sheet metal duct installation.
- Helpers must have 3-5 years experience with commercial sheet metal duct installation.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Good reading comprehension.
- Ability to work with others -- team player.
- Ability to work independently -- minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors.
- Must be capable of working out side in the elements including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain, and wind; and must be able to work for long period of times up to 12 hours a day.
- Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Verifiable employment eligibility via E-Verify.
- Possess all hand tools of the trade.
We act as your hiring partner and focus our time and energy on finding you employment. Whether it be short or long term! Join our database of skilled tradespeople nationwide!
Call: 704-944-3548 or 704-944-3547