Responsible for writing agendas for town or city councils, answering correspondence, clocking the minutes of a meetings, preparing civic report, and presiding over fiscal records.
- Maintain fiscal records and accounts.
- Draft agendas for meetings and councils.
- Take minutes at meetings.
- Drat reports on civic needs.
- Answer correspondence with official seal.
- Prepare and distribute ballots during municipal elections.
- Train election officers.
- Tabulate results.
- File and maintain municipal records.
- Issue public notifications.
- Prepare ordinances, resolutions, and proclamations.
- Take and transcribe dictation, schedule appointments, schedule conference rooms, and proofread memos.
- Assist with bids and awarding of contracts.
- Perform research as needed.
- Serve as a notary of the public.
- Craft budgets and budget policies.
- Issue permits and licenses, including hunting, dog, marriage, and fishing licenses and permits.
- Collect and record fees.
- Process claims against the municipality.
- Conduct orientation programs for election candidates.
- Handle auctions for repossessed property.
- Swear in elected officials.
- File all official town certificates, including birth, death and marriage.
- Issue permits for handicapped parking, burial and business.
- Collect property taxes.