NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking an AV Technicianto join our team in Rockville, MD, USA.
NTT Datais seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail oriented Audio Visual (AV) Technician to join our dynamic team atRockville, MD. If you want to learn, grow, and help then this is the job for you. We support a project/customer that "seeks to better understand, treat, and ultimately prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic disease seeks fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to enhance health, lengthen life, and reduce illness and disability." What you do matters and has significant impact on the medical and scientific communities we serve. Your work here really matters and has real impact.
- Responsible for providing meeting and conference/event setup assistance in multiple on-site conference rooms to customers using industry standard conferencing technology:
- Conference Room computer/laptop and projector.
- Web conferencing (Zoom, Teams, WebEx, Skype, etc.)
- Video conferencing/Soft-client based Meetings.
- Provide technical support and conduct routine maintenance on conference room equipment i.e. Testing projector, flat panel displays, computers, speakers, mics, and conferencing equipment.
- Ensures optimal configuration and performance of equipment to meet customer requirements.
- Serves as the first point of contact for troubleshooting hardware/software, and all types of audio/visual systems, equipment and applications using PC and Mac.
- Escalate repair of malfunctioning equipment to advanced support vendors and oversee repair request until it is completed be the vendor.
- Handle routine questions by customers about operation and usage of conference room equipment.
- Familiarity with use of and troubleshooting standard AV technologies i.e. Projectors, microphones, speakers etc.
- Basic graphics/video/audio production and editing utilizing Adobe CC apps
- Simple editing of media (clips, transitions, lower thirds)
- Media encoding for streaming platforms
- Set/Mobile Video Production environments
- Setup/operate cameras/mics/lighting for ad-hoc production "interview" environments
- Works with users to determine specific AV needs and requirements for their meetings and tests all scenarios before meeting start time.
- Familiar with both PC and Mac.
- Experience with a help-desk based ticketing system or any other request tracking system a plus.
- Tests facility audiovisual equipment to ensure proper operation and configures conferencing equipment and venues to accommodate special user need.
- High School diploma and 2 to 4 years of experience (college degree a plus)
- Experience working with automated and production-type AV systems, both setting up meetings and troubleshooting issues
- Will consider more IT experience as supplement for dedicated AV experience
- Any experience working on and helpdesk a plus
- Proficient in the operation of Mac and Windows computers (Windows 7,10 - Mac OSX) in conjunction with A/V related tasks: loading presentations, connecting to room displays and/or projectors using VGA or HDMI connections, etc...
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience with event/conferencing technology
- Push-to-talk Microphones
- Audio mixing and/or video matrix/switching
- Podium/presenter technology
- Power Point proficiency
- Hybrid Meetings
- General Video Production (Live and/or pre-recorded)
- Experience with AV/VTC Network and components.
- Calm, professional demeanor in the face of adversity is a must
- Be able to think quickly and be resolution focused is a big plus
- Crestron DMC certifications and/or CTS is a major plus
- Government experience is a big plus
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law. To learn more, please visit . Furthermore, NTT DATA Services will make accommodations for eligible applicants on a case-by-case basis. Please email for assistance.