• Performance review coming up?
• Wondering what this means, in a recession?
• Need tips to understand your boss?
Most of us, have either been on the receiving end of a performance review or as a supervisor, may have conducted performance reviews. We have all had our share, of these uncomfortable meetings.
In a previous work role, I had a staff of 30 part-time employees, volunteers and interns. As the “boss” I dread...
Bitten off more than you can chew with your career transition?
Do you feel overwhelmed and confused about all of the potential career choices?
Don't know how to plan a successful career change?
Is your lack of career direction creating chaos?
My dog, Chester, often bit more than he could chew, and created chaos. Chester is a brown, "Bearded Collie," and the photo was taken when he was 4 months old and about 25 l...
• Do you want to have suitable, jobs, emailed to you daily?
• Would you like to find out what it is really like, working in a particular company, division and department?
• Do you want to connect to decision makers and hiring mangers directly?
• Wouldn't it be great to make your Facebook page and profile more professional-looking?
As a Business and Career Counselor and Instructor at Georgia State University, I am of...
• How can you stand out?
• Who are you hoping to meet?
• What can you offer an employer?
• What are you hoping to learn?
As part of the Career Management team, at Georgia State University's Robinson College, our business is to provide career management advising for job seekers and recruitment support for employers. We have 8,000+ students each semester and 11,000+ recruiters in our job-board databases. We host many,...
Is your workplace TOXIC?
Problems with the boss?
Problems with coworkers?
Just don't understand, why they do what they do?
Learn about Alfred Adlers' theory about the 4 Goals of Misbehavior! Psychology can help you improve communication, increase cooperation and survive the modern workplace.
According to National Surveys, the #1 reason why people quit jobs or are fired is unresolved conflict with a boss or cow...
• Is your Cover Letter unfashionable?• Does the thought of writing a cover letter – put dread in your heart? • Would you rather get a root canal, sort your socks, clean the drain?If this sounds like you, read on to learn the Psychology behind cover-letters...These days, with the advent of social media, texting and tweeting – writing is a lost art. Some predict that the ability to spell and write in full-sentences may soon b...
Chester, my brown, Bearded Collie is the "networker" in the middle, with his mouth open.
Chester, is the best networker I know! He is well-groomed, even tempered, playful, likes to share, friendly and confident. One time, a Barber-shop quartet even stopped to serenade him!
People will remember your dog and dog’s name, even if they can’t remember your name!
My dog Chester, even pointed me in the right direction, for...
Welcome to the 21rst century - Virtual Career Counseling is the "new normal!"Yes, there are “bricks and mortar” Career Counseling centers. However, more and more clients are requesting virtual, counseling. A phone line and a laptop are the tools which will get you started. All you need is an experienced guide, to help lead the way. Read on, to learn more about new developments in this Virtual field...Counseling Psychology...
• Do you make Resolutions each year?
• Do your resolutions “fail” each year?
• Do you feel lousy each time they “fail,” and vow never to make a resolution again?
• Only to make another resolution the following year?
Read on to learn, why NONE of your New Years’ Resolutions failed...
Coaching clients through the process of change and supporting them along the way, is what I gain the most fulfillment from. As a Licens...
True story of how one of my clients hit the Career jackpot!Last Thursday, one of my clients, who is a Graduate MBA student called me. He sounded very anxious on the phone and requested an Emergency Career Counseling session. My first thought was, “oh no, it must be bad news.” But then he told me he has 4 offers, 3 of which are for full time work and 1 of which is for a full time internship! However, these were “exploding of...