Job SummaryThe VP of Corporate Strategy will partner with the EVP, Strategy & Corporate Development as well as senior business leaders to identify, assess, and develop plans to drive organic and inorganic growth opportunities. The VP will provide strategic thought leadership and objective decision support analysis for senior executive management on a broad range of factors affecting the Company. The VP will work collaboratively across Avantor's business portfolio, will interact directly with the most senior leaders of the company on a regular basis, and will report to the EVP, Strategy and Corporate Development.
- Lead commercial due diligence for acquisitions. Lead and perform competitive and market analysis connecting key strategic projects with implications and possible outcomes for the company. Present findings and recommendations to senior leaders
- Identify, define, and articulate industry, market, and emerging trends and how they may affect Avantor
- Evaluate white space opportunities for possible expansion through new business ventures, collaborations, and acquisitions
- Lead corporate strategic planning process and manage specific corporate strategy initiatives across the company. Support and guide divisional strategic planning process including Board of Director presentations
- Define and track key company-wide strategic performance and portfolio metrics
- Build and lead the data analytics team and information center for Avantor
- Help hire, train, develop, and mentor Avantor's developing talent on the Strategy and M&A team. Train team members and others in the organization on key strategy and market research capabilities
- Contribute to helping us create a collaborative, diverse, equitable, inclusive and high performance culture
- Other activities as needed to achieve the company and team's objectives
- 6+ years of relevant top tier strategy consulting experience required, with experience in life science and biopharma tools and services
- Team player capable of leading, participating in, and building collaborative, diverse, inclusive, high performance teams
- Proven customer research and financial/quantitative analysis skills
- Understanding of commercial and financial implications of strategy development process
- Internal and external networking, relationship building, and consensus building
- Bachelors degree in life science and MBA or equivalent required
- Willing to meet regularly in Radnor, PA, outside Boston, MA or other Northeast/Mid Atlantic locations as needed for in person meetings (>1 day/month)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Colorado and New York Equal Pay Transparency:
Avantor is committed to equitable compensation practices. The compensation range for this role is:$190,000.00 - $304,000.00
Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as minimum and preferred qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience and location.