Job SummaryCome join the Strategy and M&A team at Avantor! You will have the opportunity to work with senior leadership to drive growth through strategic organic initiatives and M&A. You'll be able to learn from others on the team and across the organization, with the opportunity to develop and advance within strategy and M&A as well as other functions in the businesses. You'll work on whitespace analyses for new business ventures as well as acquisitions, assist with company-wide portfolio assessments, customer research and commercial diligence, acquisition modeling and diligence, and integration planning. As you gain experience on the team, you'll have the opportunity to choose activities and businesses to focus on as well as rotate across areas for greater exposure and development.
Team members will have the opportunity to work in multiple areas of strategy and M&A, first on a project basis while learning about the different activities, and then possibly through focused rotations:
- Market, customer, and competitor research and analyses
- Industry trends and growth drivers analyses
- Whitespace assessments and identification/prioritization of new business, collaboration and M&A opportunities
- Commercial due diligence for collaborations and M&A
- Portfolio analyses and investment prioritization
- Target assessments and prioritizations
- Transaction comps assessments
- Financial modeling of acquisitions and synergies; valuations and pricing analytics
- Due Diligence management
- Transaction execution
Organic Growth Acceleration
- Solicitation, evaluation and prioritization of ideas for new business ventures
- Industry and opportunity assessments for new business ventures
- New business venture teams
Integration/Post Close Value Realization
- Synergy analyses, diligence and planning
- Deep dives on target/Avantor joint growth opportunities
- Integration dashboards, metrics, bowlers
Team Building and Talent Development
- Learn from others, train and mentor others as gain experience
- Build and continuously improve tools and processes for strategy and M&A
- Participate in, contribute to, and lead training sessions with internal and external experts
- Contribute to the development of a collaborative, diverse, equitable, inclusive, and high performance culture
- Support ongoing recruitment, onboarding and development of new team members
- 2-5 years at a top tier strategy consulting firm, with commercial due diligence experience, an investment bank's M&A team with strong financial modeling skills, or a corporate strategy and M&A team with experience in either customer research or financial modeling
- Team player interested in creating a diverse, equitable, inclusive and collaborative high performance team. Eager to learn with strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills. Capable of working cross functionally
- Bachelors in life sciences; MBA or 4+ years experience to start as Manager
- Experience in life science tools and pharma/biotech service industries preferred
- Willing to meet regularly in Radnor, PA, outside Boston, MA or other Northeast/Mid Atlantic locations as needed for in person team meetings (>1 day/month)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Colorado and New York Equal Pay Transparency:
Avantor is committed to equitable compensation practices. The compensation range for this role is:$111,000.00 - $189,000.00
Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as minimum and preferred qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience and location.