At Fanello Industries, a Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. family company, we take pride in being an industry leader in metal processing and distribution. Since 1842, it has been our mission to provide our customers and communities with the absolute best in carbon steel, aluminum, stainless steel and more!
Metal is the most essential and sustainable material on the planet and a part of our everyday life. As a member of the Ryerson family, you will have an opportunity to provide metal to customers across industries that make things such as high-octane sports cars and trucks, electric vehicles, sports stadiums, arenas, luxury hotels, first responder equipment, military, aerospace technology, props used on movie sets and even the smart phone you may be using to apply to this role!
See what we do and more at https://www.ryerson.com/services/what-we-do.
What's in it for you at Ryerson?
* A one time $1,000 sign-on bonus, paid in three installments over a 90 day period
* A career with purpose and impact!
* Three weeks of vacation, paid sick days, and holiday pay
* 401(k) with employer match
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance available Day 1 of your start date
* Paid Maternity and Parental leave
* Health and wellness programs
* On-the-job training and mentoring from leadership and teammates
* Tuition Reimbursement
* "Ryerson Gives Back" to our local communities
* Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
* Growth potential into leadership and/or technical roles
* and more!
This job may be for you if:
* You can work independently, but want to be on team that feels like family
* You work best with your hands and enjoy working with tools and machinery. This isn't a typical 9am-5pm desk job!
* You are a Veteran or transitioning service member
* You don't mind getting dirt, grime, and grease on you while on the job
* You know how to use measuring tools and have strong math skills
* You take pride in your work and pay attention to the details
* You can clearly and confidently communicate with others
As a Press Associate on our winning team in Lavonia, GA a typical day might look like this:
* Use forklift to be able to assist in the tear down and set up of production jobs. This includes moving stacking tables and other heavy ancillary equipment such as scrap tubs and conveyors.
* Act as a backup to the Production Material Handler and remove finished goods and/or WIP from the workstation to the banding area or storage. Able to empty scrap tub and replace with an empty as required.
* Assist the Press Technician with the loading of coils on the arbor, straightener and feeder of the press line.
* Assist in implementing and maintaining Quality System
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by leadership
* Regular attendance, including being on time and ready to work at assigned start time.
* Great attitude and team player
* Experience using a forklift and/or having a forklift license is a plus
* Ability to work assigned overtime, at times with short notice
* Successful completion of the Ramsay Corporation Combined Basic Skills Assessment which evaluates your reading, math, inspection & measurement, and process monitoring & problem-solving skills
* Ability to find, enter, and print information on a computer as necessary
* Ability to pass physical requirements exam for vision and hearing, as well as mobility and lifting requirements
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.