Are you looking to make a difference in a patient's life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. Join us and Apply today!
As of August 24, 2021, AmerisourceBergen requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow AmerisourceBergen's policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
- Individuals in this role understand how information is turned into knowledge and how this knowledge supports and enables key business processes.
- They must have a solid understanding of logical data warehousing design principles and data access requirements for business analytics and exploration.
- Also required are analytical skills, the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, as well as an innate curiosity around wanting to understand business processes, business strategy and strategic business initiatives to help drive incremental business value from enterprise data assets.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works on complex, major or highly visible tasks and projects as a project team member, sometimes as a project lead.
- Works on projects that may span a broad range of technologies.
- Expertise in multiple technical environments and possesses business knowledge that spans one or more business areas.
- Participates in project planning processes.
- Identifies project tasks and leads or assists with project timeline estimations.
- Works with other team members and business stakeholders to drive development of business analytics requirements.
- Leverages understanding of business data domain and detailed knowledge of underlying data sources.
- Translates business analytics needs into semantic data access requirements.
- Creates a framework for representing the data elements including the entities, relationships and attributes.
- Recognizes and resolves conflicts between models, ensuring that data models are consistent with the enterprise model (e.g. entity names, relationships and definitions).
- Supports the effort for high level modeling of key program processes and key data entities.
- Ensures integration of the project logical data model into the enterprise conceptual data model.
- Ensures that physical models align with the logical data model.
- Reviews and approves the logical data models.
- Ensures consistent and stable delta processing for data loads
- Works with Delivery Management team to understand potential impacts to physical/virtual infrastructure and assists with remediation planning
- Develops technical design of complex data sourcing, transformation and aggregation logic.
- Works with Information Delivery team to determine data sourcing options and recommend implementation approach.
- Leverages enterprise standard tools and platforms to develop data transformation and aggregation logic, typically working with and/or leading a small team.
- Ensures consistent and stable delta processing for data loads.
- Works with others to determine analytics data consumption alternatives and recommend optimal approach based on analytics requirements.
- Verifies that data access mechanisms satisfy analytics consumption needs (may include testing various approaches).
- Transfers knowledge of data access/consumption mechanisms to business stakeholders, data visualization specialists and/or data scientists.
- Defines, documents, and maintains all data definitions, data sources, business meaning and usage of information.
- Researches internal and external data sources for new data and better sources of data feeds.
- Identifies and validates opportunities to share/reuse existing data/information.
- Promotes the principles of data resource management and data sharing, reuse of databases and single source data strategy.
- Consulted in requests for specialized master data.
- Leverages master data as needed by business processes.
- Supports activities to prepare existing metadata for mapping and loading into metadata repository.
- Consults Delivery Management team on batch/bulk data load scheduling to optimize performance
- Works with stakeholders to gather requirements on merging, de-duping, cleansing rules.
- Ensures that data is clean, consistent, and synchronized across platforms.
- Oversees the design and implementation of data cleansing procedures.
- Leads the identification of areas affecting data integrity and coordinates corrective actions.
- Develops solutions and recommendations for improving data integrity issues.
- Analyzes data issues and works with development teams for problem resolutions.
- Identifies problematic areas and conducts research to determine the best course of action to correct the data, identify, analyze and interpret trends and patterns in complex datasets.
- May provide technical direction and oversee testing of business analytics solutions.
- May provide technical leadership for the definition and development of test plans and system documentation.
- Conducts unit testing to ensure business analytics solutions meet user specifications.
- Assigned performance tickets and may proactively analyze existing data platform to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements, upgrades or replacement.
- Provides technical leadership, coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Provides technical guidance or system process expertise.
- Develops reports and presentations for senior management, as needed.
What your background should look like
What AmerisourceBergen offers
- Bachelor's degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in technologies relevant to data/information management, such as SQL, RDBMS, Data Lake/Hadoop, MDM, Metadata, Data Quality, etc.
- Has a broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards.
- Experience in leading small project teams and streams.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
- Experience designing, developing and testing applications using proven or emerging technologies in a variety of technologies and environments.
ScheduleFull time*This Salary Range reflects a National Average for this job. The actual range may vary based on your locale. Ranges in Colorado-specific locations may be up to 10% lower than the minimum salary range, and 12% higher than the maximum salary range.Affiliated Companies:Affiliated Companies: AmerisourceBergen Services CorporationEqual Employment Opportunity
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran