The Ryerson difference:
At Ryerson Inc. we take pride in being an industry leader in metal processing and distribution. Since 1842, it has been our mission to provide our customers and communities with the absolute best in carbon steel, aluminum, stainless steel and more! Metal is the most essential and sustainable material on the planet and a part of our everyday life. As a member of the Ryerson family, you will support employees who provide metal to customers across industries that make things such as high-octane sports cars and trucks, electric vehicles, sports stadiums, luxury hotels, first responder/healthcare equipment, military, aerospace technology, props used on movie sets and even smart phones! www.ryerson.com
Be a part of history. Join our team.
Your career at Ryerson will offer meaningful work, competitive rewards and an engaging workplace. We provide extensive training, development and professional advancement, and you will find meaningful opportunities to contribute to the success of the company. Ryerson is looking for individuals who exhibit high energy, enthusiasm, a passion to challenge how we do things, and the confidence and aptitude to improve them. Our people come from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and we believe in promoting from within, as well as providing the resources for long-term career development.
What's in it for you at Ryerson?
* A career with purpose and impact!
* Over 100 transferable Ryerson locations throughout North America
* Three weeks of vacation, paid sick days, and holiday pay
* Company 401k contributions plus employer match
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance available Day 1
* Health and wellness programs
* Tuition Reimbursement
* "Ryerson Gives Back" to our local communities
* Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
* Growth potential into leadership roles
* and more!
Successful candidates in this role will participate in a 12-week sales training program, called Ryerson Academy, that will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel as a Customer Experience Representative (CXR).
Proactive Problem Solver:
* Ask the right questions, listen to your customers so that you can provide them with solutions tailored to their needs.
* Prioritize concurrent customer's demands and provide exemplary service.
* Further develop opportunities to strengthen customer relationships by honing into customer's needs.
* Liaise with peer departments to provide the best possible customer experience with quick turnaround on requests, help with technical inquiries while keeping customers aware of their order.
* Find your niche in being part of the team that strengthens customer relationships by honing into customer's needs.
* Masters of multi-tasking - our representatives know how to best prioritize and execute any tasks/challenges that come their way.
* Leverage our reservoir of information to become an expert for our customers.
Come see why Ryerson Academy helps provide you a foundation for a successful career in the metals industry; accept the challenge - see why we are excited about metals and the endless opportunities!
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Prior customer experience, sales, hospitality, retail or industry experience is preferred
* Desire to learn about metals, its products and the industries Ryerson supports
* Excellent professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
* Proficiency within Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word) required
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment
* Positive attitude, competitive, goal-oriented, driven with a passion to excel
* Flexible and solutions-oriented
* High degree of business ethics
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.