Job SummaryAt Avantor, we are proud to offer an incredible product choice of over 6M products & innovation that meet the needs of our customers. To help us continue to grow & manage our ever-expanding product portfolio & enhance our customer experience we are in search of multiple product life cycle managers. The PM-LCM will take full ownership of product life cycle management & streamlining processes around the product to increase efficiency, boost productivity & drive product-related decision making & ultimately improves customer engagement. In doing so, the candidate will work cross-functionally with portfolio growth managers, supply chain, R&D/Innovation & customer support to offer best-in-class product experience to our customers. This position will have the following primary functions: managing new supplier/product on-boarding via internal Toll Gate Process, executing product additions/deletions, managing the portfolio's pricing process with suppliers and internal production sites, product content management, rationalization/stratification, field sales support with product data & insights, reporting, analytics and problem solving on products/portfolio.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Drive On-Boarding of innovative Lab and Production Suppliers/Products: Actively manages all aspects of the on-boarding process utilizing the internal Toll Gate Process to include: managing internal meetings, assistance with financial modeling, working with Portfolio Leadership and Portfolio Growth Management to implement customer specific pricing strategies, coordinating with the e-business team, MarCom, Master Data, Compliance, Supply chain and Finance functional areas to ensure appropriate integration with suppliers is enabled as well as providing supporting data analyses and competitive cross reference tables.
- Manage Product Rationalization & Discontinuation Projects: Coordinates closely with suppliers, manufacturing organization, and internal contacts to ensure production addition, discontinuation, and supersession processes are followed, and that Commercial and Operations teams are prepared for substitutions when such options exist.
- Inventory Management & Forecasting - DSI management for key product families, proprietary & sourced products. Analyze historical sales and liase with commercial to prepare data-driven inventory levels for product families and provide as input to supply chain planning. Lead material review boards for his/her products with a cross functional team and drive decisions regarding blocks, allocations, backorder management.
- Product content & enrichment on VWR.com - Manage product content on the web & ensure high enrichment levels; work closely with marketing teams to ensure product awareness, conversion programs are implemented, assess performance and make recommendations to drive improved buying journey for customers
- Pricing Support:
Analysis: Conducts in depth analysis of prior year pricing actions to determine net effect of changes & recommendations for future action.
Benchmarking: Performs continual updates of competitor pricing related to top tiers of suppliers' products, providing Portfolio Leadership and Portfolio Growth Management with insights into list price gaps and opportunities for margin expansion.
Implementation: Assists Portfolio Leadership and Portfolio Growth Management with timely completion of the year-end pricing process and Internal Operating Plan (IOP) development.
Informatics and research support: Produces proactive analyses and competitive intelligence gathering regarding competitors' pricing and positioning, in support of key product launches and for determination of potential unmet market needs for the relevant customer segments.
Reporting and Data Analysis Support: Provides data analysis for Portfolio Leadership and Portfolio Growth Management. This includes not only generating reports in the company's various systems (QV, BW, SAP, ZPIE, etc.) but also providing critical thought and option recommendations regarding the results.
- Field Sales Support:
Field Communication: Works with Portfolio Leadership and Portfolio Growth Management to develop product positioning and messaging for new products and suppliers. Answers questions from field regarding programs and initiatives and organize product trainings.
- Technical Product Support - Training and enablement of teams in GBCs (India, Mauritus)
Collaborate closely with QA & RA & fully responsible for upholding the product quality & compliance standards ensuring document availability, identifying & closing gaps.
Establish standard business process to plan, execute & measure product success including external/customer related success parameters (i.e. on-time delivery, product complaints), financial (sales, margin) & operational (i.e. DSI, inventory turn-over, scrap, etc)
Foster clear communication that keeps all product stakeholders collaborating effortlessly.
Support commercial teams in bids, RFPs, SPQs
QUALIFICATIONS (education / experience)
- Bachelor's degree required, in a life scientific & / or chemistry line of study. Masters degree preferred.
- Proven experience of product life cycle management in a large company working in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated history of meeting deadlines and achieving results while maintaining strong attention to details in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Expertise in standard business processes as it relates to product management with focus on sales & operations planning / S&OP.
- Excel power-user (advanced knowledge of pivot table & formulas)
- Hands-on ability of using BI tools & other visualization platforms for 360-degree product dashboards, reporting.
- Problem solving experience providing data-driven business insights
- Demonstrated ability to build KPIs, improve efficiency through process design, and work with cross functional teams to automate and implement processes that you have designed.
- Forecasting experience is a plus; statistical expertise (regression models) to help drive continuous improvement in forecasting.
- Advanced project management skills, sounding the alarm if projects/initiatives go off the tracks
- Demonstrated proficiency in analyzing and reporting metrics and trends
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Colorado and New York Equal Pay Transparency:
Avantor is committed to equitable compensation practices. The compensation range for this role is:$93,000.00 - $158,000.00
Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as minimum and preferred qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities, education, experience and location.